Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Work at Home Single Mom?

Hello Ladies!

Are you a Work at Home Single Mom? If you are, how did you do it? Do you have an at-home Job? Do you run your own Business?

Thanks,

Jacquelyn

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Super WAHM

I left a really good paying job in July to work from home full time. Unfortunately, I am back out in the work force working temp assignments.

I do WAHA and I also have a couple home businesses on the side. However, at the time I did not work them enoung to generate an income that would surpass a salary that I was normally used to.

I would say definitely plan and work the plan, I think lack of planning is what attributed to me not doing as well. I do not look at this as a failure, but as a stepping stone to what God has for me. I've learned some valuable lessons and pray that in a couple of years I'll be able to work from home for good never to return to Corporate America again.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I have a work at home job doing data entry. It is hard at times when work is slow, and income is very low. But, since I choose to be a student in order to get a better education instead of working at fast food places forever, it is something that I must deal with at this time. I can not find a job that is as flexible as this one in order to go to school, daycare is not open late enough for night classes, and with night classes my daughter could not be in any afterschool activities. Sooo, for the time being we just do our best, go without the "extras" at times that we can not afford it. Thank goodness her so called dad is in the military and can not run away from paying child support anymore.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
WAHM Regular

I work full-time as a virtual assistant and make a very nice income. I love it but at the same time its a bit isolating.

Stacey
Old 05-17-2005, 11:02 AM
WAHM Regular

I work at home full time. I am a single mom of a 7 year old girl. I love being able to work from home. It gives me some time to myself as well as loads of time with my beautiful daughter.

OT: Boy I hadn't been around here in a while! And boy has it changed! [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
WAHM Regular

Hello. I am a single mom trying to start working from home. I have a 6 year old daughter with Down syndrome and I want a more flexible schedule to have more time with her. I've been working in the legal field for almost 9 years and I'm stuck as to what I can do from home to make a very good income. Is it really hard to get started?
Old 05-22-2005, 01:33 PM
WAHM Addict

I am working towards working from home, but is kind of hard I think...I
mean unless you do not have a back-up income to fall back on....

Jacquelyn

Old 05-28-2005, 07:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi. I am a single mom of a 4-year-old, and I work from home. I do enjoy the flexibility of working from home, but my social life is [img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img].
Old 05-31-2005, 07:18 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I am single mom of 4. I joined up with my business in January and in one week I'm going part time. I've worked very hard promoting my business and up until now I've put all my profit right back into the business. But now my dream of being more available to my kids is becoming a reality. I will be doing some babysitting of my godson at home but other than that I'll be pushing my home business even more and my prayer and plan is to be home full time by summers end.

cindy
Old 06-27-2005, 06:45 PM
WAHM Regular

I am a teacher by day and by choice because I am home when my kids are. I then work for W*st part-time, so Ican stayhome with my kids yet supplement my income. Social life? What's that?[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]