Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Default I wanted to be a Vet Also

I wanted to be a veterinarian also, but I don't think that would have worked out, because everytime I see an injured animal or sick animal I get emotional and start to cry. I don't think I would have had too much business!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Cool

ROCKSTAR! haha
Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
WAHM Regular

How interesting - I wanted to be a vet, too! Didn't do that but did show horses for several years and then ran a full service boarding facility from at my current residence for the last 12 years. Have one show horse left & at 27, she's retired - just munching & napping.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Awesome WAHM

when I was a child I always wanted to be a painter. But guess not. I can draw pretty well but not painting. I don't have any time to start with because I'm busy with my kids.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Super WAHM

Smile

I always wanted to work in the field of Criminology and be like and FBI Agent or an Investiagor. Never imagined I'd be a Self Employed and working in the field of Internet Sales and Affiliate Marketing LOL!

Ps. Wanna hear God Laugh - Tell Him what your plans are, and He'll show you what He has planned FOR YOU instead!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Super WAHM

I wanted to do a lot of things, veterinarian, teacher, astronaut, singer/dancer among other things. I am still that way today. I have been to school for so many things and still can't decide what I want to be when I grow up. I just started network marketing though and am thoroughly enjoying that right now.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 AM
WAHM Addict

I wanned to be an astronaut, but my physical condition wasn't perfect and suitable for 'them'
Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I didn't have a name for what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to work in an office and be the boss. When you're young, you don't know about the actual job titles - I just wanted to be in charge and work in an office building. Funny thing - I got the degree for it, and I got the job that would have led me to that top spot. It only took me about six months of buisness consulting to realize that I didn't want to sell my soul to be in charge. Now I'm in charge of my own business and my own classroom and much, much happier.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered WAHM

I wanted to be a nurse or a model! Nursing one out, but it takes so much time away from my daughter. I am learning that with the right company I can use my nursing knowledge to help others in a completely different way!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered WAHM

This is a great question.

I wanted to be two things: A scientist and a writer. I was only eight years old when told I couldn't do both. I replied, "Scientists write." I didn't realize at the time how true that statement really was.

However, I didn't become a scientist. I did become a writer, however. I write a novel called "Surviving Jane" that was published in 2007 and a novella for a private company in 2008. I am also a content producer. I write website content, articles for article marketing, and all of that good stuff. So yeah, I definitely followed through there. However, my dream is to write shorts, novels, etc. and less for businesses. Maybe it'll happen when finances allow me to begin breaking away from content production.

Tags
dream job, job, people, work