Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Registered WAHM

Cool new to WAHM and looking to work from home plz help

Hi my name is Alex.....Im married with a 7 yr old and a 3 week old......Currently working the reg 10 hr daily shift 6 days a week and very TIRED of never having extra money. Im looking for a LEGIT work from home program to make extra money. Its frustrating not being able to give your kids your all and all they want. I want to take my kids on vacation b4 the summer ends and right now it doesnt look too promising ....n e who....plz help if anyone knows of a legit WORK FROM HOME program that has or is working for them plz let me kno.

thanks all in advance!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Alex,

Wishing you good luck in finding something.

May I give you one little tip? If what you're looking for is "work from home" rather than "start your own business", don't be distracted or dissuaded by people offering you "business opportunities" (unless you have some start-up capital, are really interested in that, and don't need to earn too quickly!).

You might like to take a look in the "Telecommuting" folder here: there are plenty of threads which might interest you.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

As always....great advice Yuliya.

Alex, there is tons of information on the board. Take a look around and see what interests you and before you jump into ANYTHING ask, ask, ask questions. (do your homework).

Best of Luck to you!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Grand WAHM

I would check out the telecommuting folder daily until you find something. Welcome to the board! Wishing you much success ~Amy~
Old 07-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

Welcome to the boards :-)
If you are already working so many hours you might need to look at a business opportunity. It does require a fee to cover the cost of running it but some are really low and can actually help you save some money as well. But a work at home job you are going to have set hours that you need to work plus you'll be competeing with others looking for the same job. With a busines you have that freedom of working whatever hours work for you. Me, I have a 2yr old and 9mth old so I'm able to make any calls when they nap or when my husband is home from work. The freedom to work around their schedule was something that was really important to me. Also you are building an income for you not someone else. It will take time to build that income but you know that is yours :-).
So that is just my opinion and it's really about what works best for you not someone else. BEst wishes and good luck on your search!!
(one of my big goals is taking my family on a vacation every year so I understand what you are feeling)
Old 07-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Super WAHM

Hi Alex,

Welcome to WAHM. Best of luck finding something that will be a good fit for your busy schedule.

Definitely the telecommuting folder is a good start, as is the WAHMs Who Write folder. The nice thing about writing is that you can do it at any hour of the day. So with your long workdays you could come home and write a little bit at night and bring in a little extra money.

I'll reiterate one thing already stated here and that is that it will take time to have some money coming in. Hopefully down the road you can find a business opportunity that will fit your needs so that you can get some residual income coming in that will help build some lasting income for you. That way you can hopefully get rid of those long 10-hour days

Best of luck and welcome.
Kristen
Old 07-17-2010, 10:23 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi Alex and welcome aboard,

As you can already see, this is a very helpful and friendly place to be.
I also always recommend checking the "telecommuting moms" folder for daily updated job leads. You can also check members' signatures for what they are doing that is working for them or what they may be promoting. I feature a site that lists 100s of free and legitimate work from home jobs in multiple categories, offered by reputable companies. In hopes that it can be of help.

Wishing you a fun stay and the best with your quest,

Annie
Old 07-17-2010, 05:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi,

As everyone has stated previously, the telecommuting folder is a great place to start. Also there are several moms on here that have blogs that list several legitimate companies to work with. Don't be afraid to ask us for help!

Good luck! I'm sure you find what you are looking for here.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Welcome to WAHM! I also agree that you need to decide as to what it is that you really want. If it is an additional job, look here on the site.
There are a lot of legit home based businesses around, but it does take some work as well. The harder your work the sooner you can make real money. I guess you need to determine what it is you are truly after. Just more immediate money or the potential of a residual income?
Hope that helps you!
Ginny
Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2010 View Post
Hi my name is Alex.....Im married with a 7 yr old and a 3 week old......Currently working the reg 10 hr daily shift 6 days a week and very TIRED of never having extra money. Im looking for a LEGIT work from home program to make extra money. Its frustrating not being able to give your kids your all and all they want. I want to take my kids on vacation b4 the summer ends and right now it doesnt look too promising ....n e who....plz help if anyone knows of a legit WORK FROM HOME program that has or is working for them plz let me kno.

thanks all in advance!!!!!
I remember what that felt like back in 2005 ... Working from home is a joy, what I did was I got into a nutrition company and overtime learned this thing called becoming a leader it's just part of climbing that great mountain where the pot of gold is out of reach for 98%

Just make sure if you decide to start a business develop some skill sets for marketing and growing in personal development. You'll become a different woman if you ever reach greater heights of success it's a fun journey. Just go in with a servants heart and you'll go far....

As for looking for a job at home that has a income ceiling that still requires work that will never end. My advice is to do the work once and get paid for your efforts for life that is the way to go... There is plenty of room at the top for those willing to climb and help the other 98% not making money.

Last but not least find your passion you'll eventually find something you enjoy.