Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default Ashford University ?

Does anyone know anything about Ashford University? They have some great online programs, but I they appear to be a Christian College. I asked the rep and she said - no, they are not affiliated with any religion. If you look thru their website (ashford.edu) it appears they are. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
WAHM Addict

I didn't see anything about any religious affiliations (I did a very scant/quick scan so this just means I didn't see it, not that it's not there), but I did see where their credits may not transfer to other colleges or universities. That is definitely something to consider.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Registered WAHM

Ashford University doesn't discriminate based on religion. Formerly they were a girls only Christian college. However, they went coed and changed their name. This is what I remember off the top of my head. They are comparable to university of phoenix. If you plan to attend Ashford, I recommend them. I am a current online student (on leave of absence due to having a baby). My sister just graduated from Phoenix. Ashford grades you on individual merit and not group work whereas in Phoenix my sister constantly complained about her grades being lower because someone from the group wasn't pulling their weight. FYI. Hope this helps.

Dani