Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Talking Do You Have Traditional Plans for Valentines Day?

Each Year, my kids look forward to me, placing a gift basket at their room door
they call it the "Secret Valentine", but they know who it is actually

Do you have any traditions that you follow for Valentines Day?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
WAHM Regular

For the last five years we have been going to White Castle's for our valentine's day dinner. Our local restaurant closes the inside dining room except for dinner reservations (made ours last month!), decorate it with red/white balloons, have a waitress come to your table and take your order and then a family picture under the balloon canopy. My kids love it! But you have to know about White Castle - they are a fast food chain restaurant that sells mini steamed hamburgers. We go home smelling like onions but have such a fun time!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Awwww, I think that is sooo special thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimB3 View Post
For the last five years we have been going to White Castle's for our valentine's day dinner. Our local restaurant closes the inside dining room except for dinner reservations (made ours last month!), decorate it with red/white balloons, have a waitress come to your table and take your order and then a family picture under the balloon canopy. My kids love it! But you have to know about White Castle - they are a fast food chain restaurant that sells mini steamed hamburgers. We go home smelling like onions but have such a fun time!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

Always go out to a romantic dinner!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered WAHM

We always go out to dinner at the restaurant we went to on our first date
Old 02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Wink

This will be me and Hubby's first official Valentine's Day together. We were only dating last Valentine's Day and not very seriously so we didn't really do anything. This year he's already gotten me a 7" Digital Picture Frame and we're going on a trip the 19th through the 21st. Not sure where we're going though. No idea what I'm getting him because I'm waiting on my tax refund and I've gotten 5 different versions of when it will truly show up. LMAO. But supposedly by the 12th.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
WAHM Addict

We gave up going out to dinner on Valentine's Day. The restaurants are way too crowded. Many places around here that are worthwhile and do take reservations are super expensive.

What I've often ended up doing is making some kind of special dinner. We might just rent a movie and have steak and shrimp dinner or something like that. I still have one unopened bottle of wine, so now we'll just have to find a movie or two and maybe stop at a good bakery to buy some chocolate eclairs for dessert. Mmmmmm.

No traffic, no parking hassles, no weather hassles, no waiting despite reservations, and a heck of a lot less expensive.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
WAHM Master

I hear DH and the Offspring/Grandbrats are going to Disney on Sunday -

I told DH that's fine because everyday with him is like Valentine's Day -

It was a perfect moment until I couldn't keep a staight face and we both ended up giggling

DH usually gives something small to the girls, I get the boys - this year all ten get a silver ring
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
WAHM Regular

We were not going to go out at all, but we got tickets to a hockey game. The game is at four or so, so we will be going out for a Valentines lunch and then the game. We decided to do lunch instead of dinner to try to avoid some of the larger crowds and waiting. Also, we just got these tickets yesterday, so it would have been very difficult to get into any restaurant without a reservation.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered WAHM

When I was married, and in years past when my son was small, I would make a "red" food dinner....usually some kind of pasta, red wine for my husband and I, and kool aide for my son.....a red dessert, etc...and would have Valentines bags for them...

Not that I am single and my son is in the army, this is a new time for me...I am dating someone and he doesn't celebrate any holidays, so I will forgo all the fun stuff out there that I might have bought, but I am sending my son candy, (he is in the army) and I am buying myself a Valentines day present....

However because of how the day worked out, I will be out on a date that day and we will go to a gallery opening, where a friend is exhibiting her work, and then we are going to a nice dinner where a favorite independent songwriter/singer is performing...so it will be a very nice day.....

I just think this is now my time to create fun new traditions, instead of feeling sad about "how things used to be"