Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Cool Plans for Income Tax Refund

Hi all. Anxious to hear what everyone's plans are for their tax refund. Think we have ours planned out. We are going to get our car fixed with ours and insurance put on it. Getting a tv, dvd player and a new pc. Going clothes shopping and get a few odds and ends. Going to get hubby to give me $100 just to keep on me. Then the rest is going into savings. What are your plans?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered WAHM

Default bills :(

That sounds like fun stuff. We planned ours out already too. We are going to pay off some bills. no fun. but its the a weight of our shoulders and will be doing better from it! maybe next year we can get more fun stuff like electronics... and maybe clothes shopping have fun spending everyone or have fun paying off bills everyone!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Super WAHM

Pay off what hubby owes to the government.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Talking

Ours came and went, paid off bills, and bought new computer for me, Yayyyyy!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Super WAHM

No refund for us. I plan ours out so that we don't have a refund coming. We give the government enough money, they don't need the pithy amount of interest they would make off of my extra. I, on the other hand, can buy groceries with it lol
Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
WAHM Regular

We planned ours too. My husband and I are each taking $100 to spend on whatever we would like. The rest is going to pay off medical bills from our son's birth, and extra mortgage payment, and into savings. Not the most fun way to spend our refund, but we will feel much better once those medical bills are complety paid off.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Wink

Me and the Hubs filed married filing separate for financial reasons... He already got his back... and we went to Best Buy tonight. He got a Sony E-Reader Touch for him, and I got one of my Valentine's Day presents early... a HP 7" Digital Picture Frame. I was going to buy one myself when I got my refund... and he took off the 19th, 20th and 21st and we're going somewhere. Because I'll have my unemployment check, plus my refund and he will have his paycheck. FUN TIMES ARE COMING!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

We just bought a 52 inch flat screen TV and a blue-ray player with ours. My husband has been wanting one for YEARS and we finally just went and did it! We put the rest into savings.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Hustle and Heart

The DH and I are planning on taking a trip to see our family back home and buying a new bed with our tax refund. I can't wait!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Haven't got ours back - don't expect much of a refund but it will be going into the rainy day fund. Ours got depleted last year with too many car repairs!!