Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered WAHM

I just finished a 10 year career in real estate. It's a great career but expect to spend at least $2000 or so on schooling and another $1000 to get set up with a local board and to get all your equipment.

(By the way, this is my first post - I thought I'd just jump in! I need to find an intro thread LOL)

I found that when I was closing 5-6 houses a month I was working from the moment I woke up until 10:00 pm or later. Every day. All your weekend hours and evenings are taken, if you are busy. I have found and seen that if you don't work it like this you don't make enough money to make it worth your while.

When I had kids I knew this wasn't the life for us.

Now I have a traditional business and a direct sales business and am able to be more flexible in how I schedule my day.

Good luck to you on your search,

Last edited by txshellie; 08-29-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered WAHM

try websites marketing it`s easy and you can do it from home
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Work from Home!

Today with the internet, the sky is the limit in your options and choices as well as your income potential!
I know when I got started looking for an online business, I had alot of fears as to whether I was
going to be able to be successful as the other people working online!

I found out alot in the last 5 years working a Homebased Business Opportunity! There is no
level of education you need. There is no special training! I have learned so much and have loved it!

As mentioned before, as long as you are coachable and able to do some work you can succeed too!

I wish I would have found the Opportunity to work from Home long before I did!

The best to you! There are some very good businesses! Just do you homework before joining!

Be sure that there is a good product and that the Training and SUPPORT are in place! These will
be very important to you!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

What do you like to do?
Old 09-20-2009, 03:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Are you looking for a work from home job or a work from home business. There is a big difference. I may can help you with your decision. Just visit my website and decide if this would be for you. We provide free training. Hit me up with any questions and good luck with your search
Old 09-20-2009, 03:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Good luck in your search. There are a lot of career minded women that are home based business owners (I am one). That may be the way for you to go especially since you are so enthusiastic about having a career from home.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I'm looking for a career..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbogan View Post
I am looking for a career I can do from home. I would have my own office in the house. Any suggestions? What type of schooling do you need?

Thanks,
Akbogan
It's a little difficult to respond to your question since you have provided so little detail of what your skills and likes are.

What I would suggest you do is make a list of all the things you are good at and what things you like to do. See if there is something that matches your desires and then do some research to see if there is a market for your skill.

My mentor always says "provide people with what they are looking for". You can do a google keyword search for what you want to market and see if there is an interest in the market place (both offline and online). Here is a tool you can use to do the keyword search - https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal. If you find at least a thousand searches a month for your keyword then you may be on to something.

Hope this helps:-)

Best of Luck!
Edwinb
Old 09-22-2009, 05:07 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Just wanted to pop in and wish you luck on your search! Keep on open mind, you never know what you might find!
Old 10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Super WAHM

Default Still looking?

Quote:
I am looking for a career I can do from home. I would have my own office in the house. Any suggestions? What type of schooling do you need?

Thanks,
Akbogan
Hi - I am still new here, just doing a lot of reading and posting, helping out where I can ... just wondering if you are still here, still looking, or have found something by now?

I had no idea what I was going to do when I came "home" to work in early 2008; I discovered that my years of experience in writing, editing, and proofreading
provided me with a basis to become a freelance writer and editor (even though it was mostly informally, and primarily during the 11 years that I home schooled my kids, and for other students during my own recent college years) .

As someone else mentioned, depending on your skills or what you want to do, some educational background or a particular degree may be necessary. (I earned my M.Ed. degree last year in Instructional Technology, which opened up new career opportunities for me in curriculum review and instructional design). So it really does depend on what you want to do and what the particular job requirements are for a job you may be considering.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Good Luck

Quote:

Thanks,
Akbogan
Good luck on your search. Careers take time to build. Be careful of opportunities that offer you unrealistic income compared to the time you will invest. There is no legitimate reason a job or business that you do from home will pay you more than if your were outside in the real world. Never pay for a business opportunity and never ever pay for something that says its a job that requires you to pay for the privilege.