Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Wow! I am so Blessed to be a First time Grandmommy!
How did it make you feel? What are your experiences as Grandparents and is there something you can share to help us be the Grandparents to our grandchild (grandchildren)?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Sorry! I left out an IMPORTANT Word! ... be the "BEST" Grandparents we can be to our grandchildren!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Congrats on being a new grandparent! I'm a new mom so I don't have any advice, but I'm sure you will be a great grandparent. Be sure to enjoy every minute of it![img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 AM
WAHM Master

Congrats on being a first time Grandma!

Our daughter is preggie with our first grand baby (a baby girl) and is due in May...all I can say is that we are very excited about this and looking forward to it!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you! Others have said it is AMAZING! But now I know how AMAZING it is! Our Much Loved Childrens children! It is a true blessing isn't it!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
WAHM Master

I'm not a grandparent yet, so I don't have any sage advice. But wanted to say congratulations![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2009, 05:45 PM
WAHM Addict

Congrats Claudette!!![img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img] I can tell you I'm a grandma of a 4 yr old gd she is the apple of my eye and now we will be blessed with another gd in June oh my gosh I am so excited...whats best is you being gm can spoil them and give em back[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

There is a saying "If I knew having grandchildren was this much fun I would have had them first!"

Any advice I would give on being the "best" grandparent is just be yourself I don't get to see my gd as much as I would like to but that makes our time together so much more special and now when they tell her she is going to gm's house she always wants it to be my house.

~Linda

Old 03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
WAHM Addict

Wanted to say Congrats to you and your family also! Not a grandparent yet, won't be for many many years. The best advice I could give (from the other end) is to just not undermine, ignore, or over-rule your childrens wishes, reasoning, or evena plain ol' decline to do something or go somewhere. I can honestly tell ya that will go far in great grandparenting skills! Advice is great, but realize we may take it, use some, or none of it--nothing against the grandparents.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM
WAHM Master

I had fun making 2 baby nursery's...one at my daughters house and one here at our house! I totally enjoy baby shopping again
Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Great advice everyone! You are all pros! Thanks so much! I love reading your comments and advice!