Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
WAHM Regular

What isyour earliest childhood memory? How old were you? You might think of one memory and later think of another! Come and share often! Let's have some fun withmemories!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
WAHM Regular

I remember playing "King of the Mountain"with a younger brotherwhen I was 4 or 5. (Iwasn't in school yet.) We were playing ona hill of sand.I guess I lost because I went down the hill! I hurt my chin so I ran crying to my mother! When I met my mother she screamed. I guess my wrist was hanging down. I had broken my wrist but I was crying because I hurt my chin! I can't remember if the wrist ever hurt! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Super WAHM

Hmmm .. I think it was the old bubble lights on the christmas tree when we lived in a huge farm house. I remember my great-grandmother sitting in her rocking chair by an oilheating stove. I know that my great-grandmother died somewhere around the very late 1940s?
I remember finding the lights again up in the attic back during the 1980s at my grandmother's house and told her that "I remember those!"

Grandmother told me she hadn't used those lights since 1949 or 1950 because the wiring was starting to wear thin and she just packed them away because grandfather said he would get around to re-wiring them.

She told me I must have been about 2 years old the first time I remember seeing them if Great-Grandmother was in her chair.

I still have those very, very old bubble lights and the tubes on them are about 4" long and bottom round part of them are about 2" in diameter. I'm still waiting for hubby to re-wire them for me!

Hmmmm ... memories ....
Old 03-04-2009, 11:36 PM
WAHM Regular

"WOW" Aren't memories great! How precious are those moments! Just as if they were yesterday! Get those lights rewired!!!! lol!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:19 AM
WAHM Master

I remember running away from home (up the street) and watching as people were searching for me. I got my bottom worn out. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 AM
WAHM Addict

I "think" this is my earliest...

The house we lived after I was born, at the end of the kitchen was where the washer and dryer was. I remember my mother sitting me up on one or the other to give me some purple medicine that I hated taking.

Anyways, I remember my mother had dark brown hair and had her hair put up in dog ears with white bows around them. That's the only time I remember her wearing her hair that way. I couldn't have been more than 3.
Edited by: CammiB
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
WAHM Addict

I used to walk to school every morning (elementary). I remember we would get to a certain place and we would walk through woods on a trail we had made. I remember so vividly the big ditches and hills we had to climb over/under on our path.

After I got married, I took my DH to see where I grew up, and went to look for the "big woods". We got a really good laugh. My big woods was a small patch of trees on a small lot, with small drain ditches, in the middle of a subdivision. [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
WAHM Addict

I was 2-1/2 and my sister was a baby. Shewas lying on the couch drinking from a bottle. Shekept tossing her arms around and the bottle kept flying out of her hands, and then she'd cry until Mom would come in from the kitchen, where shewas trying to make dinner,andgive the bottle back to her.

Out of frustration, Mom me down by the couch and told me to give sister the bottle back every time she tossed it.That bottle was like a flying missile and Iwas ducking to get away from it and eventually hid behind the couch.Poor Mom, I can still remember the frustrated look on her face.LOL
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
WAHM Addict

No one will believe this, but I was 18 months old and coming out of a fibrial seizure at the hospital. I remember a big white room, with people wearing whiteand wrapping me in a big white sheet. When I told my mom this years later she said it had to have been that trip to the ER. It must have been very tramatic for me.

~Wendy
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
WAHM Regular

Interesting! I love hearing your experiences!