Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow that is amazing to be able to remember from so early age! Did it take you a long time to eat that big lollipop? That's a great memory!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 09:30 PM
WAHM Master

Its not exactly an early childhood memory-I think I was about 4- I remember going to a cabin and feeding this "HUGE" St. Bernard carrots which he ate right out of my hand! I remember collecting pine cones in the woods and my brother being disappointed that he did not catch any fish, so he drew one on paper and put it in the frying pan to take a picture to prove to everyone when he got back home that he caught a fish on the trip.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 PM
WAHM Master

Oh gosh, just remembered one that my family will not let me forget.

I used to sleepwalk when I was a child. I think I was under 5 for this also.

We had kittens in the house.

Someone found me in the middle of the night holding poor kitty by its tail, spinning in circles going "Whee!" I think I was dreaming that I was riding in a helicopter from what they told me I said-dont remember what that was now, except, "Whee!"

Poor poor kitty! Probably why I love kitties so much now!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:38 PM
WAHM Regular

lol! How sweet about your brother too, but poor kitty!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Having a grandchild certainly takes you back in thought about what it was like to be a child!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Awesome WAHM

My first memory is when we moved from Texas to Louisiana. I couldn't have been more than 3 at the time....
Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

i remember an easter morning when i was about 20 mo. old. we were at a friend's house and they were taking pictures. i remember it because i had been given an easter bunny that was almost as big as me and i was holding it. i wanted it in the picture and they were trying to take it away from me. apparently it was all very traumatic for me. so they let me keep my bunny and took the picture. i still have the picture and it is one of my favorites because it is me, my bunny, and my daddy. don't know where my mom was but i love the picture because it is just me and daddy (and the bunny) and my dad has been dead almost 32 years now. in fact, it may be the only picture i have alone with my dad.

ahhhhh memories. love reading everyone else's, too.

denise.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
WAHM Addict

I remember learning to ride my bike with no training wheels..it was like flying!

I remember the 'feeling' of being a child. Wild and free... No worries, just be-ing a kid!

I love to capture this feeling still, by living in the 'now' and enjoying each moment....
Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
WAHM Regular

I wonder what our grandkids will remember? I hope I can influence them with GREAT memories!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:19 PM
WAHM Master

I remember being stuck in my crib while my uncle (4 years older) tormented me with a god awful troll doll with orange hair, green eyes, and smelled really bad

Sitting in my highchair with a vinyl seat and metal tray, wearing a (wet) cloth diaper, eating soft boiled eggs (I don't like soft boiled runny eggs)

Sitting on my potty chair with my (two year older) aunt calling me a baby - I'm told I was potty trained before 16 months

DD#1 remembers being under two years old, can describe her bedroom at the time down to every minute detail (she's 23 today).