Veggie entree recipes?

• Just looking for some healthy new recipes-without meat or seafood. I am not a vegetarian, but would just like to get some more veggie side dishes and entrees into our meals. And I am allergic to seafood and mushrooms. But anything else is fine.One that I have wanted to try forever is Eggplant Parmesean. Have any recipes to share? Edited by: Mom2
  • I like to make a bean stew:

1 can beans (2.5 cooked beans if starting with dry
    1 can tomatoes diced
    .75 can water (use the bean can)
    onions and garlic
    spices
    veggies

The great thing about this is that you can adjust it to taste....

Saute the onions and garlic, then add water beans, spices, and tomatoes. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until water boils off; add veggies towards the end.

Some combos I like:

*Chickpeas with oregano, basil and spinach
    *Lentils with curry and broccoli
    *Black beans with chili and mixed veggies

Serve over rice.

Love,
    Shannon

• I make lots of veggie quiches: broccoli; carrot/onion ones that my family loves. Also veggie lasagna. Here's a recipe for yummy black bean burritos my family LOVES:

<H2><A name=black_bean_burritos>Black Bean Burritos
    Makes 4 burritos</A></H2>
    <TABLE =insetphotoright style="CLEAR: right" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=180 align=right>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    <UL>
    <LI>1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
    <LI>1/4 cup salsa
    <LI>1 cup cooked brown rice
    <LI>4 flour tortillas
    <LI>1 cup shredded leaf lettuce or spinach
    <LI>1 tomato, diced </LI>[/list]

Combine the black beans, salsa, and rice in a saucepan and simmer gently for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.

In an ungreased skillet, heat a tortilla until warm and soft, then spread a line of the bean mixture down the center. Top with lettuce, tomato, and more salsa, if desired. Roll the tortilla around the filling, then repeat with the remaining tortillas.
  • ~Veggie quesadillas (any kind of veggie you like plus cheese) and a side of rice. ( One of my favorite meals) add guacomole and salsa

~ Spanakopita and Greek salad- love it!

~ Stuffed potatoes (broccoli and cheese, or whatever you like)

~ Veggie chili

~Oven roasted potoates and veggies-spice 'em up and add olive oil before roasting.

we eat 80-90% vegetariam around here. Do an online search too.

Enjoy!!