Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
WAHM Master

Ok I haven't been here in awhile sharing my feelings but this has been eating me up. I talk to hubby all the time about it and he makes me feel a little better. Here it goes...

I have been running this business very successfully. I have this girl that found me and has been sending me harrassing emails saying that my cakes are ridiculas, she is calling me names such as a b*tch and a loserand she has threatened me a couple times saying that she is going to ruin my business by saying bad things about it. The funny thing is I have no idea who this chic is??? I have never met or talked toher in my life! She is being so hateful!

Anyways I told her if she doens't stop I am going to call the cops. I found her on myspace so I know her city and state. I know her name her email and her IP address. What would you do?Edited by: MySweetScents
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
WAHM Master

Forward the email to your ISP, with the full headers, to file a complaint. Print the email with full headers and file a report with your local police department. Also if this person is in a different state than you, forward the email with full headers to the FBI - [email protected]
Old 12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
WAHM Master

Just in case this person is a competitor of sorts, make sure you've registered your business DBA with the state at minimum.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
WAHM Addict

Definitely do what barb said, and I would be in the sub-station filing a report just for record.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
WAHM Master

Ok, thank you ladies I wasn't really sure what I could do honestly.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
WAHM Addict

If she is making any threats of physical harm, call the police.

Control/ Alt/ Ignore! Do not read or respond to her emails but print them and file them in a folder labeled "Legal." You will need them for proving your case of harassment and slander. Also, frwd your copy of her emails to someone you trust (like your husband and a 3rd party like a trusted friend.)

If you already have an attorney great! If not , pause. Decide if she is blowing off steam and making a fool of herself or if it's really worth your time and money to make her go away.

I had "one of those" types before. In fact, I still have the file just in case she'd really like to know just how bad I could rawk her world. It's nothing personal... it's just business. Fortunately, mine went away on her own. About a year or so later, she sent an apology.

HTH,

PeggyEdited by: PeggyR
Old 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
WAHM Master

Thank you for the infoPeggy.
That is exactly what I am doing is waiting to see if she will stop. It is so hard not to answer back to her emails.But I have saved all of her emails and I will go ahead and print them out too. I will give it another week or two and if she doesn't stop I will go ahead and file charges. My mother in law works for the cops here in OH so she is talking to them tomorrow. It is just so childish what she is doing and I honestly can't believe someone would do such a thing!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
WAHM Addict

I just looked at your cakes and my guess is this lady doesn't want the competition. She's jealous. Your cakes are very professional looking and affordable. Most diaper cakes I see online are overdone and overpriced. You have real talent, an eye for what colors and designs work together and your cakes are well balanced and very attractive. Good work!

I'm sorry you're being harrased and I sincerely hope you can get rid of this mess of a woman. Can't believe she has nothing better to do with her time.

~Wendy
Old 12-08-2008, 07:04 PM
WAHM Master

Wendy~

I really appreciate that. Ilove making these cakes!But this ladies words have been weighing on my big time to the point where I wanted to give up. I am not going to though! I will not let one lady out of almost 200 happy customers ruin what I have built.

I just pray she will leave me alone.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:35 PM
WAHM Addict

I just took a look at your website and your cakes are stunning (& so is your site & branding).

Frankly - I would worry more if people didn't notice you. =) Sounds like this gal has a serious case of jealousy.

Don't lose sleep over it.

I design products for a print on demand site that allows our customers to "rate" ourdesigns / productsby giving it 1-5 stars. Someone (or several people) give everyone's designs a 1 star. It's sort of a joke amongst the regulars...

Seriously - don't waste your time & energy that you could be putting into your business. They are clearly trying to distract you.

Hang in there. You are doing great.