Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Do any of you have a family fun night? If you do, how old are you kids and what do you do? If you don't, do you wish you did? What would you like to do if you did? What do you think your kids would like to do?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 02:10 PM
WAHM Addict

We have two family nights that turn into alone time for me and DH. [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img] Monday is Family Game Night, and Wednesday is Ghosthunters night.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:36 PM
WAHM Master

Saturday nights are Little's night - only the three youngest are home (9, 11, 13) - dinner of their choice, board games, a new movie with popcorn, trip to Golden Spoon, crafts.....

Sundays are family fun day (two 2 year olds, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24 & 26) - can be kite flying, gocarts, taking the boat to the lake, laying in Mom and Dad's bed watching movies, roadtrip for the day, playing in the pool.....

Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Awesome WAHM

I only have one child (13 year old son) and we just recently started this. We watch movies/board games and have pizza on Sunday night. We've done this 3 weeks in a row & I wish I had started this a long time ago.

(anything but sports, I get tired of football every single week-end of my life. And then its on to basketball and Nascar and golf...........you get the idea)
Old 11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
WAHM Addict

We do family movie/game night with our 13 and 6 year old boys every other Saturday (sometimes more often if there is a special event or holiday). We rent a good movie...have finger foods...and play games. They both love it and so do DH and I. I love making it a theme night. We've been doing this for 3 years and I look forward to it every time!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
WAHM Addict

thursdays we take our 12 year old twins roller skating, they have a 45 min lesson from 6-6.45 then we all skate until 8.30 we play all the games there too
Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Not as often as I would like but we just went and played bingo at the rec center at a family night last Friday. DH complains the whole way there but he has a lot of fun when we get there.

We do watch movies together a lot and every once in a while we havea "finger food" dinner where we sit around the coffee table chowing down and talking.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Super WAHM

Usually our family movie day is Saturdays either we go to mall or we rent a good movie and stay at home.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 PM
WAHM Master

DS is 10. We dont have any set schedule for family fun. We spend every free amount of time we have watching movies, playing card/board/video games, swimming, going to the movies, or going out to eat mostly.

I would like it if we have more time to take DS bowling. There really is not much to do in our city for kids other than the parks, zoo, a few amusement family fun center/golf places. I would like to take him to those more often-but he probably doesnt miss them because he gets to go to Disneyland so often.

One thing that is almost tradition for us when we watch movies is making movie theater butter popcorn, turning out the lights and having quiet in the theater!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:25 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Yep, we do family game night (which is tonight). We order pizza and the kids get to pick the games. We usually play Quiddler, Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.

We don't do it nearly as much as we used to and I think we need to get back into that groove, it is so enjoyable.