Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:38 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Hello all,

My husband and I have been looking for a new house since the beginning of summer. The this time of trouble for others we are in position to be able to ugrade to a larger home with the many foreclosures in our city.

While looking at many houses I've feel I've seen so many different familes even though never meeting them as the houses have been empty.

I've seen 1 year old houses that I would assume were once beautiful and big. Everything a person could want and more; total upgrades and lawns yet the lawns are dead with weeds. The upgraded carpet that we could never afford is full of stains. Bathrooms that look like they hadn't been cleaned the whole time people were living in the house. I can see how some people are so quick to dump their house when they had lived in flith before.

I've seen houses that are in foreclosure or in the process yet the owners has taken SO much care in the home. They took pride in where they lived. We live in the desert so I know how hard it is to keep up a green lawn or pretty flowers. It's these homes that I feel a little pain in because certainly no one wants to give up a home they put so much work into to.

Then yesterday we go a home that had added extra in it. A big screen t.v was left behind. While looking through cabinets I find a 10x13 wedding photo. On the counter are two Fedex envelopes unopened; perhaps foreclosure notices. This one really hurt to see. It wasn't a home we'd be interested in honestly but having seen the wedding picture I just though; how sad that these two people probably had big dreams for their marriage and home and to leave that picture behind lead me to believe that divorce played a part it in.

There's the saying of "someone's misfortune is someone else's gain" and to those of you who are in times of trouble, for those of you who'd do anything to keep your home..........there are us out there who see you pain. I see how you worked hard. I see how losing a job effects you family. My husband goes into this looking for "the steal" but I see the family that once lived in the home.

Theresa
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
WAHM Addict

I've got an awesome house in Wisconsin for sale!

This is a house we builtand moved into in early 2006. It's2200 sq ft., 1/3 acre, amazing family-friendly neighborhood.

Out of about 150 homes, about 148 of them have school-aged children, talk about awesome trick-or-treating!

The neighbors are wonderful.. We'd have backyard firepit get togethers nearly all summer on the weekends.

Gas fireplace, open concept floorplan, hardwood floors, tile, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, oak casing trim all throughout the house, 4 car (deep) garage, the entire neighborhood is wired for fiber optic internet.

Just to clarify, we are not in a foreclosure situation, we recently moved to Colorado. It's where we've always wanted to be and now was the time to make the move while Emily is still only 7.

Seriously, too, I am really surprised that people have left their homes in that way, Theresa. I can't imaging not going through the home to make sure everything was removed first.

Edited by: Patty Gale
Old 09-19-2008, 02:52 PM
WAHM Regular

It is ashame that people leave their homes that way. I know it's hard, we had our home foreclosed on several years ago, but were able to recover financially. We didn't trash it, it was our home, we were a young family raising our 3 kids, we took pride in it up until the day we left.

Patty Gale.....your home and neighborhood sounds fabulous!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:58 PM
WAHM Addict

There are FIVE count that 5, foreclosed homes on my street that I know of for sure! How many are in the process on my street that just don't have the foreclosed sign hanging yet? I get your point OP. It is very sad what ever the "why" of it is.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:59 PM
WAHM Addict

By the way that filthy house, can you imagine the persons state of mind??

I know someone who's spouse shot her self. Wonder what his house will look like?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

We're in Florida and it is horrible here as well. There are approximately 20 houses on our street that are in foreclosure, more that are headed that way. Luckily those directly around us have managed to hang on. I feel for the people next to the houses that go into foreclosure, especially when they try to sell and have the Adams Family Home right next door.

Sadly, I heard on the local radio a while back that the newest trend was called having a demolition party the night before moving out of a home that is being foreclosed on. Where they have a party and invite their guests to help them destroy the house. One guy said he walked through such a house, and they had taken a sledge hammer to the granite countertops, knocked huge holes in the drywall and pulled the electrical wiring through, poured motor oil and other things on the carpets, and wrote obscene words on the walls in spray paint. I cannot imagine the kind of animals that would do such a stupid thing!

I cannot ever imagine doing that to anyplace I have ever lived in, rented or owned. Each place we have lived in has represented memories that made it tearful and emotional to leave, each house was like a part of us. I cannot imagine destroying it.

On a side note, we have been looking as well. There are lots of bargains, and we're interested in snapping up another vacation home, maybe this time in the same state, but on the east coast..somewhere we can just pack a toothbrush and head to last minute for long weekends. The deals are unreal. We've found several steals right on the ocean! It is definitely a buyers market!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Sadly, I heard on the local radio a while back that the newest trend was called having a demolition party the night before moving out of a home that is being foreclosed on.
Doug and I were talking about this on the way home from dinner earlier. The realtor that we will be working with here, when we do buy, was talking about some ofthe stories of bank-owned homes.

Doug has said he heard of horror stories where some people have poured concrete down the pipes of their foreclosed homes or others where people people took the furnace.

Quote:
Patty Gale.....your home and neighborhood sounds fabulous!
Thanks! We really do love the house. We keep saying that it's too bad we couldn't take it with us.

I registered a domain name of the street address and am going to put up a website all about the house and use my internet marketing skills to draw interest.

There are just too many things that people don't get about the house, the neighborhood and area, with regular listings.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

We have been looking. The last two that we have really enjoyed are for sale due to a divorce. It kills me to think that they are leaving such a beautiful house due to a divorce.

These truly are tough economical times!!!