Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:55 PM
WAHM Addict

I am curious what everyone is doing to for their dad and/or husband for Father's Day? I don't have to worry about the "dad" dept. since I don't have a father of my own to do something for....

however for my husband I bought him a few surprises that I think he will enjoy. A few things for bath & body. A few weeks back a friend of the family shot a snapshot of us and I am giving him an enlargement framed & matted. I think he will love it. The picture was taken at a place that has been a family tradition for him and his kids before he even knew me...so I think he will love it, plus it is the first time we have all been in a picture together since our family came together 5.5 years ago.

~Sheri
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 07:39 PM
WAHM Master

The offspring are giving Dad a diecast truck he's been (less than gently) hinting for, a new watch, an adorable little toolbox for his truck - they painted and handprinted it, #10 made him a paperweight for his desk, and they'll ALL be here Sunday for a BBQ
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I got him a watch, an Aquaracer to add to the other bazillion watches he already owns. It's like a shoe thing with him, he can never have too many watches. He will love it though so that's all that matters. DS got him tickets to see Coheed in July and some Bruford cd's.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:41 AM
WAHM Fanatic

My husband wants a hammock so he can put in the backyard and relax. So, we are getting him that. My daughter is baking him a cake and thats about that....oh, we are going to visit his father in VA.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:57 AM
WAHM Addict

I got hubby a little electric cooler type thing for his pickup loaded with "road food". The boys got him tons of fishing stuff. Big son is away on vacation with his family, so little son and I are baking him acute fish cake sometime today.FIL is getting a fish cake and some fishing stuff as well. MIL and I are setting up a little surprise BBQ for DH and FIL tomorrow.

My dad got a gift card to Sonic since he has everything under the sun and absolutely no hobbies or interests. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 AM
WAHM Addict

The kids picked out a John Deere garage stool at Tractor Supply so that's what he's getting.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:00 AM
WAHM Regular

I got DH a really cool gas firepit. It looks like a big coffee table, but when you open the door on one side it runs on a propane tank. Top has lava rocks and when done with the fire, you put the lid on it and use it as a table. Much easier than looking for dry firewood, embers buring the grass and little toes and best of all, no bugs searching for wood.

Kids got him Tiger Woods 08 Wii game and an outfit.
He will enjoy it.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:24 AM
WAHM Addict

The firepit sounds cool... I have seen those... if I even had enough room for one of those, that would be really cool
Old 06-15-2008, 03:13 PM
WAHM Addict

So I was curious how the gifts would be received.... he loved everything we got him. This afternoon he said he can't wait to shower with his new "goodies".

I was thinking of also introducing him to some face products, maybe next time around...something good to pamper and groom beyond bath soap, if you know what I mean.

Oh, I left out the part where I also sent a special made ecard - has anyone else used the smilebox greetings? you can embed images and videos into the card. So I put some great pictures in there and our youngest made a video that was embedded into the card to give it the final touch. He was laughing so hard at her video I had to make it watch it again so he could actually hear what she said.

~Sheri

Edited by: m2cmentor
Old 06-15-2008, 08:27 PM
WAHM Addict

Gave my Dad a gift card to Borders. He hurt his back last week, so this will come in handy as he'll be able to buy books, music, movies that will help pass time.

My father-in-law-- cigars.

DH-- a fishing pole, tackle box, cowboy hat, spurs, and chaps.

Edited by: cassandra