Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:34 PM
WAHM Master

I have to agree ~ go get checked. It's better to be on the safe side.

My oldest (I remember it like it was yesterday...but she is 5 now) was a very, very active baby in utero. One Saturday, she all but stopped moving altogether. I mean very, very few kicks, which was so unlike her (she would actually be the one to wake me up in the mornings, kicking or if I would get up in the middle of the night, she would be up kicking around when I woke up, etc.). So I went to the ER even though I had just been at theOB the day before. I was checked again. Still only dilated to 2 (I was 37 weeks, 6 days), same as the day before, baby's heartbeat was fine, etc. The resident said, "You still have a good two weeks yet." And I said in return, "I will see ya later tonight," with a grin. That was at around 11:00 a.m. So I made the hour trip back home, got my stuff ready and sat and waited and waited and waited because I just "knew." Well, guess what? At 8:30 p.m. that same night, my water broke and off we went. I started out with "back" labor pains rightbefore we got to the hospital (again, a one hour drive) and the same resident was still there. I wasn't feelinga whole lot of pain at that point, so I grinned and told him, "I told you so." Of course, about an hour after that I was screaming my head off, but that's a whole other story! [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I would go and get checked immediately, especially since she's been active and now she's not. I think what my little one was doing was the textbook case of getting rested up for the big (and long~ 19 hours) that lay ahead, but you can never be too careful. I would go and at least make sure her heartbeat is okay.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2005, 01:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes, get checked. But after that, if all is ok..

I had extreme pelvic pressure and what helped me was leaning over an ottoman. We had a soft ottoman that I knealed down on the side of, let my belly hang down and rested my chest and head on the ottoman while swaying back & forth slowly. It took the pressure off and, during labor, got me to 8cm.

Take it easy..hope you feel better soon~

Kim