Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:37 PM
WAHM Addict

Well, I was offered the job today! It's exciting!

With the increase in pay and hours, (PT to FT), it would be close to another $1000 a month! That's nice!

Of course, my DH who has been nagging me for months to get a full time job since I finished school, now is saying he doesn't think it is worth it for me to work full time. Men! Driving me crazy!

I have to give them an answer by Friday, and I'm really torn. It would be a big change for my daughter, but DH works at home so she wouldn't have to do after school care or anything like that.

Decisions, decisions!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

Congratulation!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean we really the need more money coming in but I can't pull myself away from my kids right now. I have a 6month old, 4yr old, and 6 yr old.Listen to your heart, don't do it just for the money.
Kelly
Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations, that is awesome!!

I heard you mention the money, which is nice but I'm wondering how excited you are about the actual JOB? Do you think you would be happy doing it? If this is something you want don't let anyone discourage you...if YOU feel the time's not right then wait until it's the right time.

Good luck...and either way GOOD for you!!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations on the job! I think it is great that DH works from home and will be able to help out. My dh also helps a lot around the house when I have to be out of the home for work. Nothing wrong with a man stepping up to the plate.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
WAHM Addict

Great job! You do have a decision to make and that can be hard, but you could always give it a shot and if it doesn't work out, at least you tried! Sometimes it's hard to know what will and will not work when trying to juggle a family.

Will your dh be cool if you take the job? My own dh has gone back and forth on what he wants me to do when it comes to working outside the home and I know what that kind of frustration feels like. I don't think they realize how much we do... but then just ever so often it does occur to them what will mean for them if we're not there and I think that makes them think twice! lol

Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

~Wendy
Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
WAHM Master

Congratulations! It sounds exciting!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
WAHM Master

Congrats, Erin! I'm sure that offer is enticing. Best wishes on your decision.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:45 PM
WAHM Addict

Erin- are you ready for the change? If you are- Go for it!
Good luck!
Terry
Old 04-23-2008, 05:57 PM
WAHM Addict

It's definitely a job I'm interested in and I'll get to do some print design and desktop publishing which is what I'm really interested in. So it's definitely not a matter of if I'd like the job or not, I know I would. I took tons of those classes and this is really the only department that I'll be able to use these skills.

I work for a college (I would just be in a different department), and one of the best things is the tuition benefits you get for your kids. My dd will be able to get about $100,000 in FREE TUITION to over 300 colleges across the country. I can't beat that deal! Granted, she's only in 4th grade, but it will be here in a blink of an eye. But you have to work full time to get these benefits.

I'm just really nervous about the changes for my family. DD would only be home about an hour and 1/2 each day after school before me. DH would be home though. Plus next year she'll be in more after school activities and she'll be home right before me a couple days a week, so it's not really all that different. It's not as if I won't be home until 6 or 7, I'd be home by 4:45 at the latest.

I think I'm leaning towards taking it. It will just be a big change. And it stinks that I'd be starting at the nicest time of the year, LOL!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Erin, my opinion would be to take it. If it's not working out well, stay there for awhile anyway and get the experience so that asyour daughtergrows a little older and you would again decide to find something, you'll have experience. Is there any chance later on that they would let you work some of your hours from home? This experience could also help you look for something online and might open up a lot of other things for you. The cost of tuition alone is a major reason to work therefull time, sounds good to me. Hope everything works out for you whatever you choose.

If the job works out for you now, all the better, but you won't know unless you try it.