Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 AM

Ricky and Ruben's dad got them a sandisk sansa player and I have NO clue what to do with them! I recall Erica mentioning a place you pay a fee and have unlimited songs you can download. ANY advice is greatly appreciated it!

This is how clueless I am. Ex gave me a charger and I told DH how the hell do I charge this thing the thingie is too big. Ruben says, let me look at it. Yanks something out shoves something in and its good to charge . Boy oh boy do I feel stupid .
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Awesome WAHM

I charge mine through my pc. There's a wire that attaches to the back of the pc and the other end attaches to the mp3 player. It came with software to control what I put on it. So far I have only put music from cds that I have. I put the cd in the pc and the software uploads it. I have not tried downloading songs from the pay places.

-Gabrielle

Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Don't feel bad we got ds an Ipod and I have no idea how to download..A lady at Radio Shack told me that you can download from Limewire for free. Ihaven't tried yet since my computer decided to crashyesterday and had to start like a brand new computer.. so we lost all the songsthey had downloaded from Limewire.
I would also like to know about the unlimited songs.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:45 AM
WAHM Addict

Just checked with dd..and was going to mention Limewire (free) http://www.apple.com/itunes/is pay.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:12 AM

We do have the attachment to charge from the computer as well. I've heard of limewire as well, I should really look thru the pamphlets and read to see how too and all that good stuff before downloading.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Super WAHM

I have to chime in here. Both of our kids got ipods LAST Christmas. They also heard of limewire and tried it. It messed our computer up GOOD. Maybe it was just coincidence...but....it happend. They have been using ares (wait...I need to check the icon on our desktop....) yep....Ares.com since last year and love it. They have gotten all of their music from there and we also use it to listen to music while using the computer. Works great. Just a suggestion. Have fun!

Edited to add: that Ares is also free.Edited by: taxi22
Old 12-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxi22
I have to chime in here. Both of our kids got ipods LAST Christmas. They also heard of limewire and tried it. It messed our computer up GOOD. Maybe it was just coincidence...but....it happend. They have been using ares (wait...I need to check the icon on our desktop....) yep....Ares.com since last year and love it. They have gotten all of their music from there and we also use it to listen to music while using the computer. Works great. Just a suggestion. Have fun!

Edited to add: that Ares is also free.
I was just checking it out and ares.com
is not the correct link (but interesting, nonetheless..lol).

The Ares you refer to is:
http://www.officialares.com/

Best,
Gabrielle

Old 12-26-2007, 11:08 AM

Get yourself a CD ripper, you can convert all of your CD's to MP3's and then chose what songs you'd like to put on those players. I use Music Match Jukebox, but you can even "rip" a CD with Windows media player. Once they are converted, ususallu a computer sees the MP3 player just as another hard drive, so you can just drag and drop files to your MP3 player, or copy and paste. It is pretty easy once you know what you are doing. You'll be a pro in no time. Good luck!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Super WAHM

Ooops...sorry about that. I just know that is the link on our desktop...but that is because they have been using it for so long. Our link goes right to their music library....at Ares. I am just "the Mom". I know they use this but it has been awhile since we initially set it up.I just wanted you to beware of limewire, but....that may have changed since last year also. ??????????? Who knows!?!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:22 AM
WAHM Master

My kids got the same thing, Lily. Go to Rhapsody.com. You can get a free two-week trial to see if you like them before you pay. Download the Rhapsody software, then the music search pops up. You can put music in your library, then you drag and drop to your sansa player icon on the left. It's really easy. The interface is a little confusing at first. Don't plug your Sansa into the port until you're on and set up with an account. Then it'll recognize it, ask you to authorize it, then an icon will appear for it on the left. Just drag and drop. It takes about 30 seconds to transfer 1 song. There is a progress bar at the bottom that shows you how far along you are in the transfer. When it says done, unplug the Sansa. Go to Music, Recently Added, then look for your song and hit play. The wheel goes around to turn the volume up, at least on mine. Good luck. We played with ours for an hour or so last night before we figured it out. But they're great once you get 'em working.