Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:10 PM
WAHM Master

I can't believe the grown woman who was involved in all this is going to completely get off the hook. I think if I were this girl's mom, I would have to take care of her myself.

No charges in MySpace suicide case

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
WAHM Addict

Old 12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've seen this story on a couple different programs and the problem is there's nothing to charge her with. There are no laws in place right now that cover what she did.

The mother of the girl who committed suicide has been on the Today show a couple times and said the prosecuters say their hands are pretty much tied. The last time she was on she said the're pursuing a civil lawsuit against them and that the woman is being harrassed because her name was released.

It's a sad situation and hopefully laws will now be passed that will allow someone to be charged in a situation like this.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
WAHM Addict

that is a really sad story.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

I saw this today and was greatly disappointed. Well hopefully the mom takes her to civil court and take her for all she's got. If they can get such a big civil judgement against OJ and he was 'proved' to innocent (I still don't believe that for a minute), maybe they can find her guilty and order her to pay.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
WAHM Addict

That really is just so incredibly sad. The problem is the laws haven't been able to keep up with the rapid changes in technology.
I hope there is a civil suit, it just makes me sick that a grown woman and Mother(I use those term loosley) would inflict such pain on a another child. There should be consequences
Old 12-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Super WAHM

Shocking!! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2007, 01:40 PM
WAHM Addict

I have been following this story as well and it makes me sick that anyone who considers themselves a mother would do something like that. I just can't believe there is nothing they can do to make this woman be held responsible for what she did to that poor little girl.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
WAHM Regular

I agree and that's a really good point about the OJ thing.Hopefully a civil suit would bring some sort of judgement.

I've been seeing the Mayor of the town venting about it and how she wants to pass laws to be able to prosecute people for cases like this, which is encouraging.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
WAHM Addict

This happened not to far from us. I have to say it is such a sad story and a sad day that this mom will not be charged with this girls death. While a family still grieves the loss of their girl the mom is out free and going on with life. I am sure not much is bothering since they are making it seem the mom did nothing. Nothing like the justice system letting you down.

Jen