Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:05 PM
WAHM Regular

CRAZINESS! One year when I have enough patience and willingness to get out of bed that early I might celebrate black friday too!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2007, 05:07 PM
WAHM Regular

I have only done the black Friday shopping one time and swore never again.

This morning we were up at 6am and I turned the news on. All the malls were open and packed. There were lines around the building at some of the stores that weren't open until 7.

They talked to one woman at a local mall, she had been in line since before 5.

I don't have that much guts to get out and about and deal with the people
Old 11-23-2007, 05:17 PM
WAHM Addict

It was insane today! We didn't get anything on our list . At 3:30 this morning there were over 1000 people in line waiting for Best Buy to open at 5:00. We drove by there at 5:00 yesterday evening and there were people in sleeping bags camping out by the doors. It was absolutely crazy!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
WAHM Addict

I experienced my first Black Friday ever today. I had sworn I would never go- I hate shopping and I don't love crowds of people. However, my mom, SIL and my nieces who go every year talked me into it last night.

So, I was up at 4:30, out of the house by 5:30 and at Target at 6:00....I have never experienced anything like it....lines to get into Target. I waited in the car until the doors opened. My SIL got a great deal on flat screen TV for my brother there and I did get my boys and my nieces presents while we were there.

Don't ask me about Kohl's though....I almost had to fight some mean, *****y lady who was in line behind us to check out, and I am not a violent person. Ruined my holiday spirit! That is why I will never go out on Black Friday again.....LOL
Old 11-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

I have a new shopping site, so I am looking forward to Cyber Monday. I know some people are paranoid about ordering on-line, but think of the time, gas , and frustration you could save. I am way too chicken to face black Friday, I can't take the traffic jams and the crowds. Like someone else said, I was up till 4 am cooking the morning before and no way was going to attempt getting up and shopping that same time the next day.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:10 PM
WAHM Addict

I actually went out around 10 this morning to Target. It was a little crowded but I hung out in the toy aisle and snagged all the good deals that the associates were bringing back from people who had changed their minds while checking out.

Now Kohls was a different story. The line to check out was a mile long inside the store so I turned around and left.

edited to add, I will be finishing my shopping online. Edited by: Kenna
Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Our mall opened at 1am this year.. I didn't go to the mall.. THANK goodness! It was a madhouse.. I saw the pictures and I have never seen anything like it and I do black friday shopping every year! There were over 30000 people and they broke a door storming into the mall. One pregnant lady was "overcome" and had to go to the hospital!

I WAS at shopko by 430 and then hit the line at 530 for Cabellas to open at 6 (all I wanted was jeans but they didn't have them in dh's size).. then on to fred meyer for new pillows and socks! Was back home by 8:30 and $300 less in the bank account.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:28 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmils
I have a new shopping site, so I am looking forward to Cyber Monday. I know some people are paranoid about ordering on-line, but think of the time, gas , and frustration you could save. I am way too chicken to face black Friday, I can't take the traffic jams and the crowds. Like someone else said, I was up till 4 am cooking the morning before and no way was going to attempt getting up and shopping that same time the next day.
SHARE with me...what's your new shopping site???
Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Super WAHM

Try standing in line at Best Buy since 5:30 PM in 20 degree weather with 30 people already in front of you. Between5:30 and 3:00AMwhen theystarthanding out tickets the6tents in front of you that only had4 or5 people in them when you get theregrow to between 8 and 10 people pertent during the night. So bythe time that they actually start handing out tickets you are pretty much SOL because the line size in front of you has doubled. Then when they finally do start handing out tickets people behind you are trying to cut in front of you when they find out that they are not gettingwhat they want so then fights start and the cops get involved.Later you find out that the people at thevery front of thelinewere getting as many tickets of everything that they couldjust so theycould go to the back of the line to sellthem forbetween $25 and $50.
So basically I did not get the main thing that I wanted which was the $199 desktop. I did getmy dad a GPS systemfor Christmas. The whole situation seriouslypissed me off!!!

So I took my ticket for the GPS system and went home and slept until 8:30! After picking up my GPS system I had a very pleasant shopping experience at Walmart, KMart, Target, Walgreens, and the mall, none of these places were overly crowded by this time and I still got everything that I wanted!!

Next year I am just going to get down toBest Buy with a tent, barbeque grill, air mattress, and lots of blankets at 11 AM and beone of the very first people there.Now there is a crazy Black Friday story!LOL.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Well, they also said on the news that the people at the Miromar mall (Its a HUGE outlet mall here in FL - completely all high-end name brand stuff) were lined up at noon yesterday to get in to the damn place!

I have never been and I guess I just do not get it. It seems like it would be too dangerous!