Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:59 PM
WAHM Addict

[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]My son`s teacher just called, and he has managed to get detention after school today. I can`t believe it. He is only in 1st grade.

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]I am just so frustrated with him, and I don`t know what to do. This time he sharpened his pencil and tried to stick it in another child`s ear. She said she had been trying to let things slide all day with him, in order to avoid this, but he really went over the line.

We saw the psychologist weeks ago and she said that he is testing borderline ADD, and testing very high for executive dysfunction, but they didn`t say what comes next. In the mean time the teacher is having a horrible time with him, he is falling behind on work, yet they want totest him for the gifted program in the spring.And to top it off I have a husband who thinks there isn`t a problem.

UGHHHHH. I just want to bawl.

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]Terry
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 01:02 PM
WAHM Master

Well. he's obviously very bright.

Maybe detention will make an impact on him. I don't have any answers for you ...but you know we are always here to listen.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
WAHM Addict

You know -its so hard to have a kid who has problems but yet be sooooo itelligent. I have a 7 year old who is has Aspergers (high functioning Autism) , OCD, and borderline ADHD.
But no one believes anything is wrong cause of how smart he is. They think kids with those problems should be dumb.

mary
Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 PM
WAHM Addict

Well, he wasn`t very upset about detention. Didn`t seem to faze him actually. He is more upset that he is grounded for the weekend.

He says he wasn`t being mean, he just wanted his friend to feel how sharp his pencil was. He was trying to poke him to show him. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

*sigh*

Terry

Old 12-08-2006, 03:56 PM
WAHM Master

Ah Terry [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] That's got to be so hard! If detention doesn't faze him, the only thing I can suggest is to take away whatever is most precious to him to make him realize how serious it was....

Here's abig hug....

Bev
Old 12-08-2006, 04:10 PM
WAHM Master

It's good you grounded him then..he doesn't seem to "get it" yet..

I like the idea of taking away something he likes too.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:28 PM

Oh Terry I'm sorry! He sounds like Ruben, NOTHING fazed him and if I took something away from him that didn't faze him either. I hope things get better for you. Maybe Santa won't be stopping by if he continues?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:29 PM
WAHM Master

I'm sorry! [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]Hopefullya weekend withoutpriveleges willmake an impact.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:34 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinsnow
He says he wasn`t being mean, he just wanted his friend to feel how sharp his pencil was. He was trying to poke him to show him. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Aw, hugs for you Terry. I know this is not funny at all but this tidbit did make me giggle just a little. I can just see his little mind ticking. The way kids reason with their limited experience...

I do realize this is not good and he could have potentially hurt the other little boy. But I know you have older kids and you already know without me saying it... but they usually outgrow this kind of behavior. Sometimes all we can do is grit our teeth and hang on for the ride.Maybe he will beplaced into the gifted class and have more of an outlet for his "creativity".

Hang in there.