Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Registered WAHM

Default doing parties from online only

I am a stay at home mom looking to add income to the home. and a military wife who does not live near a base. I live in a town where i know no one and am really shy. im looking to find something where i don't have to do parties. when i get in front of people to speak i freeze i have social anxiety. I like tupperware, pampered chef, and thirty one and cloud 9 and simply fun. can i do any of those solely online and do like Facebook parties,twitter, or anything like that and when i get more comfortable with the program and product then start adding home parties?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
WAHM Regular

Although I've never done any of those specifically, direct sales party plan businesses are really intended to be promoted through live parties. I did Partylite candles for more than 10 years, and have now been doing Dove Chocolate Discoveries for four years. Neither of these would have made me consistent, significant income and continued to grow if I hadn't had in-person interactions with the majority of my hostesses and guests.

Not good news, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who has been successful with a direct sales party plan business only online.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Writely Applied

Some of these items just really have to be sold in person. People do shop for them online if they don't have a rep though.

I think of the ones you mentioned, Simply Fun would be perfect because people are always buying gifts and fun things for kids. It would be a year round seller and not many people know the products. Keywords would be easy for child, kids, toys, games etc. related words and phrases.

I'm working on trying to sell my items online right now as that is what I'll have the most time for with three kids and a husband that travels a lot.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Super WAHM

Mom2twinz, I'm a consultant for a few companies that you can do solely online. I'm a consultant for Tupperware which I do personally primarily online, I'm also a consultant for Usborne Books and More that can be done primarly online. I am also a consultant for Rocky and Bella pet supplements that is sold strictly online or to vet clinics and Do You Bake which is free to sign up with right now and can be done primarily online. If any of these interest you you can pm on here and I can send you my websites or you can email me and I can forward you some more information about the kits and stuff like that. I look forward to hearing from you!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Writely Applied

Stacey,

Do you use the company websites or your own? I wonder if any of the companies have stipulations about doing them on your own site if sold with another product. I was thinking of a second company for the future.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Super WAHM

I use the company provided websites. With Usborne books you are allowed to their website and your own personal website, I'm not really sure about the others though. As long as I'm not selling for 2 jewelry companies or 2 pet product companies things are good....lol. Also I can't sell for like Usborne Books and Simple Fun because they are very similar in the products that they sell.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Super WAHM

I used to do Tupperware on line, but it can be tough going some months. I know my Scentsy consultant runs a strictly on-line/take orders business and has never held a party. I know several of the candle ladies on this board are strictly on-line sellers as well.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

That is me too, almost 100% online but we don't have monthly sales volumes to hit, and team building is so low that you can easily promote online without doing parties which makes it a perk when you do have parties booked but not pressured to hustle to get one booked .
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Keep in mind...

Keep in mind that customers who love your products may probably want the opportunity to earn freebies and half price goodies by hosting a party at some point with your new business. Parties really can be a lot of fun and it is nice to be able to share products in person, so that people can see, smell, and try everything. There is nothing that can replace a personal connection and an interactive experience with the product line. If you get nervous in front of people, start with a small group (even 2 people) and build from there as your confidence grows
Old 08-31-2012, 07:17 PM
WAHM Regular

I am only doing Facebook parties right now, and I love it! I have and a really hard time getting live shows and I have found that my hostesses love the option of an online party. Pampered Chef has really stepped up this kind of party and is offering us lots of support and training in holding successful FB parties.