Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Post These are the times that frizz moms' hair

Hi. I haven't been on here for quite a while, but a lot has changed since I was last here. I got married, and in March, I found out I was expecting a second child (which was unexpected, since I had been told I was infertile and was using birth control pills to ease the symptoms of the condition that caused me to BE infertile). Our house burned down in April with everything in it, including my work computer (I had a great job working from home). In May, my baby was born after a very complicated and traumatic c-section. I didn't qualify for FMLA and was asked to resign and reapply by my employer.

My husband is in graduate school, and he recently got a full-time job. I reapplied for my old job, but I have yet to get a response from my former employer. I am also a writer and artist, and my husband has shared with me that now that he is working full-time and my former employer hasn't contacted me (even though I had really good metrics), it's a sign that I am meant to do something different. I've done a few small freelance things, but now I'm looking for something solid to bring in an income. Now that I have a newborn as well as a disabled school-age child to care for, I'm hoping that I can get work that I can do a bit at a time and submit rather than working for an hourly wage.

I can cope with all of that. I can even cope with things being financially hairy because my husband won't receive his first paycheck until next month.

The part that really hurts is how lonely I am. I can't drive, and even if I could, my husband has to have our vehicle to do his job all week. It's just me and the kids all day while school is out. My whole family seemed to take turns getting sick with whatever bug was going around for my entire pregnancy, so we haven't been to church in months, and I've been so ashamed of not keeping in touch with our priest that I'm afraid to call him and ask for his prayers and blessing as we struggle through this time. (He's a very kind person, which makes it a thousand times worse with my anxiety.) My mother lives an hour away, but her husband is so needy that she can hardly get away from him to do anything on her own, much less spend time with us. My dad and my siblings live even further away, and their financial situations make it impossible for them to come visit. My husband's family doesn't talk to me at all. They didn't come to our wedding, and I have no idea if they know about our newest arrival or not.

Anyway, I would appreciate thoughts, prayers, job leads, whatever positive information you could throw my way. It's been a very tough, lonely time, but I'm hoping for good things soon.
Sponsored Links

Tags
employment, house fire, lonely, parenting, pregnancy