Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Things can only get better

Things will definitely improve as your child gets older. Try to establish a routine and stick with it (even if it all goes pear shaped). Babies and small children will eventually learn from having a routine - even if it does take some longer than others. xoxox
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2015, 08:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Best part of this original post:

"he will definitely wonder why he is the only child one day and I do plan to tell him it is because of him."

I LOLed
Old 02-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Registered WAHM
WAHM Professional

Chin up, mama. He will grow out of the all-nighters and temper tantrums. Might I suggest browsing the Super Nanny website? There are so many ideas there that might help you in getting to a peaceful calm again. Also, there are other jobs out there. Keep applying and the right thing will come along. You are stronger than you think.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Default It will get better.. Let the Hubby have a night.. get some rest girl

Praying for that sweet baby to sleep and let the hubby have a night and you take a Tyl PM and go to bed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingmom View Post
Hello I am a mom to a highly active one year old toddler. I am at my wits end he has never slept through the night and wakes three times if not more at night. We have had the courtesy cop called on us because of his screaming and temper tantrums. But that's okay because he will definitely wonder why he is the only child one day and I do plan to tell him it is because of him.
With that being said at 9:00 am today I had an interview scheduled with a temp agency for a warehouse hiring for seasonal employment but for some stinking reason my toddler decided he wanted to pull an all nighter and woke at 2am and was not going back to sleep, at some point I dozed off . When I woke up he was in the other room with his father, I checked my clock it was 8:30am there was no way I would be on time for this interview so I asked to reschedule, next I received a nice response stating, unfortunately they could not reschedule and thanks for considering us! Like oh my gosh, I was planning the things that I could do with the extra money as I have zero income at this point. sighs I had my clothes out for this interview so I was definitely prepared in that sense. The response from this company just left me with a feeling of failure.
I had a bird in the bush and now it is gone. Please tell me that my life will get better at some point. I am emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially zapped.
I just hate that I am in this predicament that I tried so hard to avoid. I am so unhappy and I just feel no joy in life anymore.
Moms please tell me that life does get better! Is it just me?
Old 03-14-2015, 09:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I love the faith is not knowing message...
Old 03-18-2015, 03:30 AM
WAHM Regular

"The response from this company just left me with a feeling of failure. I had a bird in the bush and now it is gone."

Don't be discouraged, maybe it wasn't meant for you to work for that company. That company is not the only bird in the bush, realize that you can potentially have a "flock of birds" waiting in the bush and more opportunities will come.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Like the other wonderful moms said, Yes it will get better! Unfortunately we can't mark a date on our calendar of when it officially will get better.

When I have struggles with my children I always say "Next year will be better. They will be a year older and wiser" lol.

Hope you are doing well today!
Old 04-07-2015, 03:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks to all of you beautiful women for your support!

I truly appreciate all your support and advice, it is very uplifting! I am still struggling with the little fella but as you all have stated it is getting better as he is starting to understand the words that are coming out of my mouth a sigh of relief! He will turn 2 in May and I am just bracing myself for the worse and try to enjoy the ride as much as possible lol....in the meantime I am planning to hopefully work from home with a company I found on here if all goes well and unfortunately as much as I hate to do it I will have to put him in daycare because there can't be any noise in the background. I am thankful for the support I have found here on wahm because I really have no one that I can turn to and discuss these things with, I have my mom but she is so busy helping my sister with her kids so I try not to put more on her as this is my child and my responsibility. Thanks again for all of your help its great knowing I'm not alone!!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:58 AM
WAHM Regular

You are not alone in this situation. Many of us have experience that and i can assure you that it will be better
Old 05-12-2015, 01:30 AM
WAHM Regular

consult with the good hope he/she will give you better advise then us.