Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Need prayers

My husband and I have been struggling and it's come to a point that he may turn into the crime life and sell drugs. I don't want that to happen, but it just sucks for him that due to his criminal background, he can't get hired. He's had work before, but he went to school and graduated from an HVAC program. He has his EPA Universal and TDRL licenses, but the employers just waste his time in filling out applications, taking tests, and spending gas money to travel to the job site just so he can hear that he will not be hired. HR department really needs to quit declining his application and give him a chance. He didn't murder or rape or robbed anyone. He was 18 when he was caught with an illegal gun and he served his time. He did his parole time also and he's been clean and out of trouble since he's been out and that's been since 2005. He gets all depressed and turns to alcohol which doesn't help any. I just hope that he gets an opportunity to use his skills and prove them that he is trust worthy. He has four children and me to support. This really just sucks for us.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 08:00 PM
WAHM Master

Saying prayers ... Can he strike out on his own and start his own HVAC biz ?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Depending on how long ago it was, if it was a single felony, he could probably petition to have it expunged from his record. Sending prayers...
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Registered WAHM

We've looked into that and that is way over our budget. He needs to work 3 or 4 years for a company in order to get his contractor's license. He was working for a company which was an hour away and he was working lots of OT, but the drive back and forth was getting to him. He had to quit that job. There's a company that keeps hiring and hiring for HVAC Tech but they have never called him back and when he has spoken with one of the guys from that company, they told him he needed more experience.

He's also worked for apartment complexes and the last one he worked at, they couldn't hire him because of his background, so they literally lied to him telling him that he was going to go hired full-time and that the background shouldn't be an issue. Well, guess what? He didn't get it.

It's really getting to him and I really don't want for him to sell drugs which is what he is looking at to make easy money. He lacks faith and gets all bummed out because he feels like it was pointless for him to have even spent money on getting a skilled trade and not being able to use it because companies seem to discriminate him for his past. The places that he has applied for and have wanted to hire him just don't pay what he deserves with him being licensed and it would be pointless to accept since he would be working just for gas money.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

My heart just breaks for you and your family. I understand how frustrating it can be for him, He is trying to get his life on track and has proved himself by getting his HVAC training. There must be someone that would him a chance. I wish there were more programs out there for people that have records in their background but have bettered themselves.

My prayers go out to all of you.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you all for your prayers regardless of me being a stranger to you. He's been in a depressing mood since yesterday and when I tried helping him with emailing the HR person for the company he applied for, he got all retarded and he didn't speak to me since then. We argued for a little bit and since then I kept away from him and he slept in the front room and as of today, he hasn't spoken to me. I am TIRED OF FEELING SORRY FOR HIM, he had a job, but because it was far away, he didn't like the drive and to me honestly, it's because it keeps him working hard and that is what he needs. I would rather want a night shift job again to where I wouldn't deal with him. I honestly enjoyed that, but still I could not trust him. I have trust issues and that's a huge issue between us.
I guess he needs to go work back in a warehouse job or get the low pay job for hvac maint at the apartment complexes he was going to get hired. If he needs to go work at an oil rig place and him be gone for so many days, then I will by all means agree with that, but again, with my trust issues, it would be hard.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:53 AM
WAHM Regular

I will be praying for your situation. God bless!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile interview on Sept 9th, need prayers to be blessed with this coding position

I have an interview over the phone for a coding position on Sept. 9th. I am very excited because this is really the only thing that I know how to do. I've applied for the service reps and what not, but have been denied.

I know my Lord Jesus Christ listens and sees my situation. He knows my heart better than anyone else and I am in need of this job. It will be working from home and I am thinking I would have to go to WI to train for a week or two for the position. I am ready for this job and am putting my trust on Jesus Christ as this is the job that I am really hoping to get.

Please pray that this interview goes well and I get blessed with getting hired for it.

Also, our 8 year anniversary is this Sept. 2nd, so am thankful that we have been together this long, and all through our Lord, because this marriage would not have lasted this long. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly, we are still holding onto each other in Jesus name.

God Bless you all and thank you for praying for this stranger.

Brenda
Old 08-25-2013, 04:53 AM
WAHM Master

Saying prayers for your interview .. Let us know how it goes .
Old 08-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you, Malea. I just found out that I have been getting overpaid on my UI benefits which is stupid. I never lied to them about anything and they claim since the beginning that I have been getting overpaid. It's been since April, and they just caught that? It's not my fault that the lady that approved me put that I should get 440 a wk. I kept the papers they sent me when I got approved and they added almost $5000 to my former employer before the one I got laid off from on the 4th quarter of the year and I resigned in June 2012 from that job and began working for the one I got laid off from that same month. Why should I pay back for the mistakes that they themselves did? I don't know if I should appeal it. I didn't get my 880 today as I should and now I will be behind on rent and truck note and the rest of the bills. This really sucks because it's the only little income that my family is getting. Therefore I pray that my Lord Jesus Christ blesses me with this remotely coding position and the interview goes well on Sept. 9th. I don't know what to do in coming up with the money for the very important bills coming up at the beginning of the month.
I haven't found a job to work from home right now and I know doing the online surveys will not amount to the 880 I was getting every two weeks from the UI.