Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 AM
WAHM Regular

praying for you

write a list of what motivates good behavior in the past
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Updating to share that things are still rocky at home and at school. He just barely scraped by with a B average first quarter (was so proud of him), but this quarter he has 2 D's and an F. Not because he lacks the ability to do better, but because he's not turning in his work. He hides it, loses it, and forgets to do it.

Continued prayers are much appreciated. He is still having his emotional breakdowns and his dad isn't willing to let him try an additional medication that might bring him clarity of thought. A lot of his tantrums stem from confusion.

Thanks ladies for the prayers. So appreciated.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Super WAHM

Aside from the using his room as a bathroom, this is all pretty normal behavior for 12 year olds. I'm not a Christian, so I can't speak to that part. I feel like as age 12, he is going through a lot of hormonal changes that can affect a lot of things. The Asperger's just makes it worse. My son went through a terrible time from age 12 to 16. He left home at 14 and refused to come back, so he was put in foster care for his own protection. It was an insane time. I did everything I could for him, to no avail. He's 28 now and is a wonderful person with a great life ahead of him. Teenagers, even seemingly "normal" teenagers, are difficult. They start going a little crazy at 12.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 AM
WAHM Regular

I hope things are getting better
Old 11-13-2013, 06:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Keeping you and your family and lifting the situation up in prayer.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Praying for you and your family

I just read your situation and my heart goes out to you. I am praying. Please continue to hang in there.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsue View Post
My 12 year old son has high functioning autism and has recently rejected Christianity. He has embraced some new age ideas. My heart is broken. Additionally, he is aggressive (sometimes violent), constantly defies us, has intense meltdowns and moments of rage on a daily basis, and purposely uses his bedroom as a restroom. He has been peeing down his bedroom vent and consequently our entire home smells like an unflushed toilet. Our AC went out the other day and as you might imagine, it's intolerable in our home.

I am completely exhausted. Tomorrow I'll be calling our local county health department for what they call "family focus" and respite care. He has a child psychiatrist and psychologist and in April was hospitalized on an outpatient basis at a children's mental health facility.

Not really sure what else to say, except please pray. This is taking a toll on our entire family... especially my marriage. It's all so overwhelming and never seems to get any better. He's been high maintenance since day one, but now that he's going through puberty it's all the worse. I don't know what to do with his anger, his defiance towards us and the Lord, or his cleanliness issues/hygiene, behavioral problems. Soooo much to deal with and I'm out of answers.
Just keep in mind that he's 12. Honestly - religion isn't what's important. Whether or not he's a good person is what is important.

I'm Wiccan. My husband is Buddhist. Our 15 year old is (currently) atheist. Our 13 year old is a Christian. Our four year old (we were told by doctors he is autistic) is just happy go lucky. Our 15 year old, although atheist, is the most giving and compassionate child you would ever meet. He's more concerned about helping people now. Being a good person has nothing to do with religion...

And he's only 12...so he could change his mind next week.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Cool prayin

I said a prayer for you today.
It's a struggle being a mama sometimes. ....