Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Super WAHM

Carrie, it's always so great to hear that companies are listening to their reps and changing things that aren't right! I think that's a positive movement in this industry of late!

My main complaint with network-marketed weight-loss products, etc. is that they are *SO* expensive (in general), compared to what I can buy in a store. Even having a money-back guarantee doesn't encourage me to try something. I mean who wants to take the time to repackage and send a product back, plus pay return shipping if it doesn't work? (It would be different if you could buy from a local rep and take it back to them, but when you are purchasing thru a website, it would be a hassle.)

And the sample packs seem kinda pointless to me since I don't need to lose a lot, and I doubt I'd see any changes in a few days. My DH is the one I'd really like to see lose weight, but he is terrible about trying things. I would like to be a guinea pig and try something first, and if I lost a few pounds, I think he'd be willing to try something too!! OK, sorry, getting off my soapbox now!!

Lori
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2014, 04:42 AM
Awesome WAHM

I think one of the main things to keep in mind with weight loss, is that the ones that have success with ANY of the shakes or weight loss plans on the market today do so with a LIFESTYLE change.

What usually happens with ANY of the programs is that people lose that initial 10-20 pounds within a month or two and then they are stuck, unless they change some habits. That's where the serious ones go on changing eating habits, shedding fat and inches, while adding a good protein shake to their diet, and the others go back to former eating habits, saying the shakes don't work.

Happens with our program and I've seen it happen with others out there.

I have discovered that there are not very many protein shakes or weight loss products available in stores that don't have ANY artificial preservatives, sweeteners, etc. in them... and to try and lose weight with a product loaded with those things is like trying to row a boat upstream. Our bodies STORE all those artificial things in our fat cells. Plus so many of them are either soy or whey and neither of those are ideal for losing weight. ( farmers feed whey to their pigs to make them GAIN weight!) ... and soy messes with our hormones.

Find a protein shake that is soy free - gluten free - dairy/whey free - and has no artificial stuff in it... add it to your daily diet, cut out white sugars and flours as much as possible, drink a gallon of water a day and you are literally guaranteed to lose weight.

Okay... off my soapbox too now.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Super WAHM

Mountainmom,
I'm sure it's a big motivation to lose that initial weight, but you are right, you usually have to make other life changes to continue to lose or even to maintain the loss. That's why at least one company on here that combines exercise DVDs with weight-loss products has the right idea. But if a company ONLY sells a weight-loss product, they are missing the mark. There needs to be education about what else they can do to lose those additional pounds. It's not as simple as just eating less!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:05 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi HomeBizHope!
You are right on the mark with that! That is what is lacking for so many is the education. Too often people are looking for something "magic" and often times companies try to make it seem so "easy". Whether it's a network marketing company or something you buy in the store, it's all part of marketing to get people to buy a product. Education is so key!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yep Lori - right on! I actually eat more now than I used to and can still lose inches. It's all about the right foods.

I love the NP Pro Trim Body Transformation group on Facebook as that's where we share the videos, meal plans and everything that go along with the weight management system that Natures Pearl has...

One of the owners of the Momsanity group helped design our shakes so I like to follow them, too, plus I also follow the Trim Healthy Mama plan and facebook group... I know different things work for different people, but maybe those couple resources can help someone else get plugged in SOMEwhere for tips and tools. Those 3 groups alone will transform our bodies without a lot of expense. The THM plan only involves a book... and it's totally worth the $30 for the book! ( If they had an affiliate program, I'd sure use it but they don't so I help spread the word anyways, lol)
Old 11-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Super WAHM

I agree with SO MUCH with what most of you are saying in this post! There are good and bad about all products. There is. YOU have to find what is right for YOU...and you're body. I am a Le-Vel Thrive promoter (NEVER thought I would be when I first heard of it!! Never!) When I did a sample pack I did NOT get the immediate results SOME people get. I also knew that some things take time to work. We don't get to feeling the way we do in three to five days, we aren't going to start repairing our bodies in the three to five days either. I did NOT try Thrive to lose weight. I'm a fairly healthy person. I don't drink pop, I don't eat like crap (most of the time. Nobody is perfect. Admit it. I will!) I drink water all day, every day (even before Thrive!). I have a NutriBullet that I LOVE! I took supplements. I'm very active. Work full-time, moving all day in a clinic and busy in the evenings when I get home. I believe we can not have MANY ailments if we just eat cleaner and stay active. We shouldn't need 'fixes'. BUT...in the world and times we live in...it can get very difficult to do those things and do them well! I tried Thrive because of what it claimed to help with. I have had a stressful last six months (well, being a woman...we're always stressed, right?!?) But, I had a senior in high school, very active in sports, applying for colleges, etc. After 13 years at my last job, I started a new job that was VERY different. I had to be away from home for six weeks to learn their ways of doing things (with little quick drives home for sporting events in the evening...then back to my hotel), I was planning a graduation party, then got on the job and it was even MORE stressful. On top of this we were planning a wedding for our oldest, our daughter. A large, outdoor wedding. I was beyond stretched and stressed. I was having a hard time. (I could throw other extended family things in there also, plus trying to keep up with our home and just have 'a life' in there....etc.) I saw posts about what Thrive was helping others with and thought I'd give it a shot. Sampled....eh. I can tell something. Nothing 'GREAT' right off the bat though. Set it aside. Mistake. Went on feeling the way I did. Finally, I decided to do it the right way and ordered a months worth. 10 days - two weeks in I was feeling incredible. My knee didn't hurt anymore, my head was 'clearer'. I could concentrate. No headaches. I didn't lay awake at night exhausted, but still awake because my mind was racing with what I had to get done and how was I going to do it all!?? My IBS (which flares up with stress, eating away from home, etc. that I've had for 20+ years) was totally controlled! I had nice, clean energy....and....I was just plain old happy! The being happy part. Hard to explain, but real. Those things alone made me stick with it. It's been almost three months and it has only gotten better. I honestly love it. I didn't have a lot of weight to lose. I wasn't in it to lose weight, but because my body is now more in balance I have lost 9 pounds. I'll take it! I'm not posting this to try to convince any of you. I'm just stating my experience with it. Is there Sucralose in it? Yep. VERY little. It's at the very bottom of the ingredient list. (Most of us know how ingredient lists work, right?) There are so many 'kind of' bad things in so many things we come in contact with. In our cleaning products, in our boxed foods (yuck!), things we drink (that we 'think' are healthy), our toothpaste, etc, etc. I could go on and on. I tried Plexus. It was ok. Not going to knock it. It just made me EXTREMELY thirsty. My mouth was dry. That may not happen to everyone. I couldn't deal with it. But it may work for some, if so....THAT'S GREAT! I truly mean that!! Anyway...to each their own. I'm happy I tried Thrive and it's working for me. Don't knock something and totally disregard something for very little reasons or just because of what someone else may say. I've always taught my kids that: Make your own decisions from the facts...about people, things, etc. If you are totally against a little Sucralose....that is totally up to you. I totally agree. Now lets all get on with whatever makes us happy and feel good. Whatever THAT may be!
Old 11-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Awesome WAHM

That is why Plexus is so unique. Our best selling product, Slim (pink drink), was designed for type 2 diabetics. Yes people lose weight but it's because their blood sugars balance out among other things. I am telling ya.....I knew NOTHING about the issues with unbalanced blood sugar until I became an Ambassador. I started to look more into diabetes and blood sugar and learned SO MUCH....it is linked to weight gain and so many other health issues! I know I am biased but it's nice to be a part of something like this. When I get reports from my customers that they are off the meds they have been addicted to for YEARS it just puts a huge smile on my face. The weightloss is just a bonus.

We did just get a new product called Block and people are seeing results in just a few weeks so that is exciting!!! But it does NO GOOD to take these supplements if you aren't going to work on your nutrition and try to live an active lifestyle. My team doesn't believe in putting on a band-aid.....we really try to work with our customers to make lasting life style changes. Plexus is simply a tool
Old 12-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Good review

I agree with most of what is said here. Nutrition and exercise is the most important part of mind and body health. First of all - I do promote a product, only because I have had personal results that I couldn't get otherwise. I suffered from migraines for years (since I was nine that I remember) - and hypoglycemia. Not the "I'm hungry and have the shakes" type, but the seizure / blood sugar dropping below 40 type. I have eaten organic / very relaxed paleo (I tend to cheat a lot, unfortunately, but I'm not really hard core about anything)...but it's better than nothing (and better than what it was before). So...fast forward to me being 40 years old, about 20 pounds over weight, three kids, working full time as a teacher, my husband working as a teacher, and us being sick and tired. We started going to a DC, checked our allergies, learned some de-stressing and posture techniques, breathing exercises, and started juicing every day. We juice as a supplement - not as a meal replacement. I felt better, but still got migraines and lots of allergy symptoms.

I started drinking more water...1/2 my body weight in ounces, cut out all artificial sweeteners, most artificial colors and flavors, and started feeling much, much better. I was very skeptical - of course - but decided to try this newer product that my cousin was having great success with...not weight loss, but health-wise (meaning it's promoted as weight loss, but she didn't really lose any pounds). Anyway, to make a long story short - not one single migraine since I started. Not one cold or allergy symptom (food or environmental). Eczema has cleared up. Skin and hair look great. Mood is better! That being said, the blood sugar regulation product they (I) promote works. It's kept my levels at 88 very consistently. Being that the hypothalamus is mostly regulated by glucose, having a steady level delivered to my system has helped. It might be the fact that I don't confuse mood with hunger or thirst with hunger or fatigue with hunger any more. But, I do feel better. Now, I'm able to get out and do stuff with my kids. I'm not tired and grouchy quite as often Anyway - yes, most of the products that I've researched do make some crazy promises. I feel that the product I'm taking also makes some crazy promises. That is very true. But, I do think that my glucose levels, my lipid levels - good cholesterol up 10 points, bad cholesterol down 10 points, and my personal experience has been good.

By all accounts, I have "lost money" - but I haven't been to the doctor, I don't buy grocery store vitamins, I don't buy sweets and sodas or fast food, I don't emotional-shop for things to make me feel better, I don't buy hair-thickening shampoos and products, I don't buy expensive coffees, allergy pills, sleep aids, anti-depressants, migraine meds, prescriptions... I don't have to do any of that any more. I feel great.

And, to say that MLMs are pyramids...aren't all businesses? Don't Coke and Nike and restaurants and most businesses rely on us to promote products so others shop - and the employees sell the products - and the CEOs make tons of money? MLMs/direct sales companies/network marketing businesses just rely on us to promote the products we use...and we actually get paid to do it. When was the last time you got a commission for carrying a Coke around or got a tax break for wearing a Nike shirt?

A pyramid scheme - that's different. That's where the downlines had to purchase videos and products from their uplines directly - and people got in big trouble for that. As long as most of the sales are for customers - and not sales reps...it's a legit business plan.

Anyway - sorry about the rant...I am skeptical about everything. I wonder about most of my decisions every day. But, I have no way of knowing anything other than how I feel and how people tell me I've changed. And for that, I am thankful.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Registered WAHM

Default plexus didn't work

I tried plexus for 6 months.. felt NO change and gained 10 lbs. I spent WAY too much money.. my mother tried it as well and gained 30 lbs.. I know two people who sell plexus and both told me that the main ingredient in plexus was derived from an endangered plant species that they could no longer use... both individuals also gained TONS of weight back after they stopped using the active ingredient.. neither one of them sell plexus anymore.. one of them sells thrive now... and she LOVES it. . I tried thrive and it works WAY better for me that plexus ever did!!! I don't hurt anymore, I have WAY more energy and have lost 30 lbs.. I sleep better at night as well... thrive is amazing!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Default The Plexus Side

I am an Independent Ambassador for Plexus! Our products are all natural and sweetened with Stevia!!! I know many people who are successful with Thrive and many who care successful with Plexus. It simply comes down to personal choice and how it effects your body. I tell my customers all the time that everyone's body is different and your body will respond in its own unique way to any nutritional supplement!!!!! Plexus was originally creased as a natural way to help diabetics stabilize blood sugars. During trials patients where having amazing side effects such as weight loss, mental clarity and even weight loss!!!!

Last edited by kasnba; 05-28-2015 at 02:15 AM.