Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Default What really works??

I really want to lose weight and I would like to know what has worked for you to lose the pounds! I've been looking at Plexus and ACE but I'm open to other suggestions. I know that I want to lose between 40 and 50 lbs. I would really like to hear from someone who has had successful weightloss using the products they promote!! Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 03:15 PM
WAHM Addict

I lost 100 pounds through clean eating and working out.I do think there are products that can help enhance your weight loss,but lifestyle changes are what will make it work long term.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Awesome WAHM

My husband lost about 60 pounds in 3-4 months with the TSFL plan, where you buy prepackages meals but it's rather expensive and then a friend of mine lost about 50 in the same amount of time with the NP Pro Trim Body Challenge which is a plant based protein powder that targets weight loss resistance.

I'll send you the links for both of those as I get in trouble on here for trying to help others when I send links. I never know what is okay and what isn't... to tell people!

I personally lost about 30 pounds by simply switching to a healthier lifestyle - it took me several years but it's so worth it to feel better! I now use the NP Pro as it is helping me with the last stubborn pounds and to get toned up.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Weight Loss

I've never heard of Ace but just recently heard of Plexus....I've started a weight loss program about 17 days ago and have lost 10 pounds. It's an all natural product. The reason why I started it is because a close friend had lost about 35 pounds on this program. I'm almost 47 and have tried many, many things in the last 20 years to lose the weight I had put on after having 4 kids. It's a combination wellness and weightloss program. I am a busy mom who currently works anywhere from 40 to 50 hrs a week, I have 3 kids and am able to fit this program into my life. Send me a message if youd like to know more about the product. It works!!!!!!!!!

Jennie
Old 04-06-2014, 01:18 PM
WAHM Regular

I tried a lot of weight loss products like Isagenix and Plexus and some of the Melaleuca ones. None of those worked well as I had tummy issues with them(not the Isagenix, I couldn't keep that up because it was so expensive). The ones that have worked best so far combined with making changes in my diet and adding moderate exercise 2-3 times a week are the It works greens, thermofit and fat fighters - I AM NOT A REP!

The diet changes and exercise helped at first, and the It works supplements helped speed things up when I hit a certain level and the scale wouldn't budge.
I have lost almost 50 lbs and have kept it off for over a year and a half. I am working on my last 15-20 and toning now and still use the It works supplements.
Many blessings to you as you start on the road to health!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:51 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you all for your input! I will be checking out the websites you gave me
Old 04-06-2014, 06:09 PM
WAHM Master

My husband has lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks with "M" products . His goal is 25 pounds total . He is also exercising .
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Le-Vel Thrive Promoter

This is my story. I have lost 185 lbs.

I am a 30 year old happily married mother of 6 children. I have suffered with depression and severe anxiety my entire life. To the point where I could not even go into a crowded grocery store without my throat swelling. Let alone hold a conversation with a total stranger.

Between dealing with a toxic marriage for the last 11 years and the death of my 3 daughters, my life went spiraling out of control with emotional eating. I more than doubled my weight and was left miserable with vitamin B-12 and D deficiencies. My body would not absorb either. I became anemic and pre-diabetic. I had to check my blood sugar and have daily injections.

I got a divorce and got custody of my other 3 children. I started my journey to self discovery. To finding me again. I lost 185 lbs, but my journey was not over. I met my husband when I discovered my love for martial arts. He was my instructor. We have since married and he has adopted my 3 children. It wasn't until I was forced to stop training that I felt myself slipping away again.

About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with endometriosis, Celiac's Disease (I am Gluten/MSG intolerant and anything containing wheat, rye, barley or additives makes me extremely ill) and I have a large mass in my abdomen known as tubo-ovarian abcess. I spent 80% of my day in bed, curled up in a ball. My pain levels on a scale of 1-10 were always a 10. I also suffered from severe daily migraines, severe back and abdominal pain, mental fog, chronic fatigue as well as abdominal swelling. I could not move let alone be the wife and mother that my family needed me to be. I felt like my life was over.. or should I say did feel that way. Then I was introduced to le-vel Thrive. A very nice man (who is now my awesome upline) gave me some to try. By day 3 I knew my life was changed forever.

On day one, I noticed that I was not as tired. My energy levels were up and I was thinking clearly. I knew at this point something was happening, but was not sure what exactly.

On day two, I was out of bed moving around a bit. My abdomen was not inflamed and swelling like it normally was with activity and my pain was dramatically reduced. I was excited to see what would happen next.

Day 3 was the day that I knew my life was changed and knew that I HAD to tell the world. I was cleaning the house and on my hands SCRUBBING the floors ! I was playing with my children again. My pain levels were very minimal and I was in awe !

I am amazed at how this product line has changed my life. In those first 3 days I did not have one migraine. I am reclaiming my life and intend to share this amazing journey with everyone that I know. I am now THRIVING for life ! And as of this week I am back in the game, doing what I love and TRAINING AGAIN ! Thrive has given me my life back !
Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 AM
WAHM Master

I had great results with a combination of clean & healthy eating, exercise, and Shaklee's Cinch after both my pregnancies. I gained a lot each time, especially with my twins. Like someone above mentioned, I did what I could with just eating healthy & exercise, then started the plan to push through the plateaus. I lost over 40 lbs 3 yrs ago and have kept it off. I'm a Shaklee member, but don't sell the products.

Best of luck to you!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM
WAHM Regular

I just had my daughter 4 months ago and have been on a mission to lose 30 pounds. I have lost 10 with portion control no more that 1200 calories and daily exercise, minimum 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. I just recently started a cleanse with probiotics and Garcinia Cambogia both in pill form and I have lost 3 pounds already in a week so that's helping. Juicing and making smoothies with extra vegetable and fruit intake daily is a big help in burning fat as well.