Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Taking the leap...and nervous

I have applied for so many SAH/WAH jobs over the last couple of years, but I have had no luck. I'm sick of the scams and dead-ends, and now I am wondering of sales is the way to go...although I've never sold a thing in my life (except at a yard sale--lol).

Can anybody else relate?!

Anyway, I've done a lot of research over the past few months and just submitted my information to Melaleuca to see about selling their products and am waiting to hear back from the rep.

I already make our family's cleaners and laundry soap, and 8 months ago I started making my own "shampoo" and "conditioner." We utilize essential oils/aromatherapy and homeopathy, and we're taking vitamins and supplements. We don't like OTC meds and we can't stand the toxic cleaning supplies and soaps sold in stores. We have two young boys and a cat, so natural products are important to us. We're also trying to become more green (we already recycle and reuse as much as we can), about 50% of our food is organic and/or locally-grown, and we don't eat processed/prepackaged foods.

I've never bought from Melaleuca before, nor have I used any of their products. However, if I'm going to sell something, I want it to be something I'll use myself, trust, and really love. Based on what I've read and heard, Melaleuca really seems like a fit for me.

Any words of encouragement or advice? I'm really nervous because I don't know if I can afford the investment or if I have what it takes to be a salesperson. I just don't know where to start. But we really need residual income. My husband's paycheck just can't cut it for us any longer. I don't mind working hard and putting in the effort. I just can't afford to waste our money or my time.

Thank you in advance,
Angie
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 AM
WAHM Addict

Well you technically do not sell the products,you simply enroll others.Mela is a good company and there products are good.Just keep in touch with your upline and have them help you with your first few enrollments.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

Sounds like you may have found a good fit for you. Treat it like a business, plug into the training and follow the system the team has set up. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Angie, I can relate.

Although I haven't joined any direct sales companies myself, I have a couple close friends who joined an 'organic' company - only to later discover that they had been misled by the consultant about the product ingredients. They were hurt by the deception and became frustrated. I've always felt bad for them.

I'm not familiar with Melaleuca, but it's good to see that you're researching. You can never research too much. Always dig for all the info you can on a company. Make sure the products are exactly what they advertise to be, and that their ingredients are what you are looking for.

If you can feel confident about a company and truly enjoy it's products, then people will notice it.

Cheers to you for the efforts you make for your family's health.
Best wishes to you.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

I can totally relate and it sounds like you have found a good fit!

I would ditto what some of the others have said - follow your upline, go to events if they have any as that will boost your confidence in your products and simply let people know what you do. And treat it like a business - have a long term plan in place, not just a 'if I don't make money fast, I'll do something else' mindset. It takes time to get the word out about it so people know what you do and can do for them.

I wish you much success!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Thank you all!

Well, it's been a week now...and I really love this company! I have a great team. Wonderful support, so much help. They really are a team and care about helping out one another.

I really appreciate your feedback and kind words. I definitely found a fit for me!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 AM
WAHM Regular

I have been with the company for 13 years, I just love it! If you need any help, let me know!

Hopefully your team has done goal setting with you. I would also encourage you to attend any training calls/webinars that they offer.

If they offer webinars to promote the company, make good use of them. It's great to get a couple people on at once, and it will reduce the amount of time you work later!
Welcome to the Company!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi2001 View Post
Well, it's been a week now...and I really love this company! I have a great team. Wonderful support, so much help. They really are a team and care about helping out one another.

I really appreciate your feedback and kind words. I definitely found a fit for me!
I'm very happy for you but please touch base to let us know how it is going for you.

Last edited by NicoletteS; 02-11-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:32 PM
WAHM Master

Best of luck to you!

I'd love your homemade laundry detergent "recipe." I also use essential oils and would love any cleaning concoctions you've had good luck with! I use non-toxic cleaners,but have been wanting to experiment with making some of my own.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:37 PM
WAHM Regular

I tried several companies and failed at "selling". It took me years to find 2 companies that I am with now that I LOVE!! I no longer try to "sell" the products, but I simply share my passion for them. As long as you are doing something you are passionate about, you won't need to "sell" people, you'll be sharing

Tags
first time sales, melaleuca, natural products