Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM
happymommy's Avatar
WAHM Master
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 7,225
Thumbs up Young Living Reps - Thieves Oil

I've been wanting to try Thieves Oil for a long time and finally did. I love it! I don't have a diffuser, but I've used it for some cleaning. I also put a little in our cool mist humidifier and ran it for a little while. Not sure if this is an approved way to use it, but I liked it. Just wanted to give a thumbs up and see if any of you have other uses for it outside of diffusing.

Take care!
Jenn
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2011, 04:22 PM
mustangsaguaro's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
I've been wanting to try Thieves Oil for a long time and finally did. I love it! I don't have a diffuser, but I've used it for some cleaning. I also put a little in our cool mist humidifier and ran it for a little while. Not sure if this is an approved way to use it, but I liked it. Just wanted to give a thumbs up and see if any of you have other uses for it outside of diffusing.

Take care!
Jenn
I use many of the YL products. As for Thieves because it's coming into winter it's great for colds, sore throats, etc. If you feel a cold coming on you can put 1 or 2 drops in a glass of water and drink it. Whenever my mom or grandma got sick w/ a chest cold they would put a few drops on there chest and rub it in. Hope this helps.

Kim
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
happymommy's Avatar
WAHM Master
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 7,225
Default

Thank you, Kim! Yes, when I first got it I was fighting a really stubborn cold. I put a little in a carrier oil and rubbed it on my chest before bed and it was very soothing. I wondered about drinking it since the directions say you can put it in a capsule. I wasn't sure how it would taste even though I love the smell. I'll have to give it a try.

Take care!
Jenn
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:55 AM
silver suz's Avatar
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 761
Default On Guard Essential Oil

I have lots of recipes to use our On Guard Essential Oil if anyone is interested. On Guard has helped me & my family get rid of the start of a cold for me many times.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
mustangsaguaro's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
Thank you, Kim! Yes, when I first got it I was fighting a really stubborn cold. I put a little in a carrier oil and rubbed it on my chest before bed and it was very soothing. I wondered about drinking it since the directions say you can put it in a capsule. I wasn't sure how it would taste even though I love the smell. I'll have to give it a try.

Take care!
Jenn
If you put it in water it takes a bit getting used to because it is considered a hot oil. So I would put only 1 or 2 drops no more than that if your going to put it in water. Yes, I have taken the thieves oil via capsules as well. I really like the toothpaste too. Again, takes a bit of getting used to.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Seabead's Avatar
WAHM Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangsaguaro View Post
If you put it in water it takes a bit getting used to because it is considered a hot oil. So I would put only 1 or 2 drops no more than that if your going to put it in water. Yes, I have taken the thieves oil via capsules as well. I really like the toothpaste too. Again, takes a bit of getting used to.
Here's a small tip for drinking Thieves in water. Put some chapstick on your lips before drinking and your lips won't burn from the hot oils. Really good once you get used to it.

Love, love the tooth care line and think it helps with cavity prevention and gum care. Not a dentist just my personal use opinion.

Deb
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
essential oils, thieves oil, young living

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off