Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Looking for info on Business...

Hello Ladies and gents,
I am looking for info on Network Marketing companies such as Arbonne, Isagenix, etc and similar companies. These type of NM/health and wellness co's attract me as a business and product line. I am looking for really straight forward and no BS, wishy-washy, by the book answers, and rather personal experience and honesty. You can post it here and/or PM , but rather it is posted so i can at least see the different opinions in one page rather than several messages

I would like to know the Good, The Bad, the Ugly, the Best in YOUR personal opinion and experience, on how this has worked for you in the time you have worked it as a business, and if this is your first NM or business. Please share with me on the following:
1- compensation plan overall
2- compensation plan: quotas, requirements, qualification and maintenance req's and quotas
3- attrition rates in your business experience
4- company's financial and leadership
5-products quality, packaging, selling rate, customer attrition and reorder rate
6- prizes, rewards and incentives beyond the comp plan bonuses and income
7- company and personal team leader support and education
8- how often have the products changed in the past 10 years, how often has the comp plan changed if at all in all their years in existence? How often has coporate leadership changed in the past 10 years?
9-how many hours do you work (including meetings, party/one on one time, driving, phone call,e tc)? and what is your average income per month on your sales and how much on your leadership income?
10- what is your average percentage of income vs expenses per month?
11- How did you start your business (contacts approach) and how did you expand it and still expand it?

well, I think this is all for now for me. :-)
Hope i can see some answers at some point. I am looking for a leverage-residual income type of business as I believe those are the kind that offer the income, flexibility and potential I am looking for. I have no children so that is a plus in a way for me at this time. I work full time and lead a fairly busy life, but I want out of the 9 to 5!!! I want my house by the Ocean!
thank you again for your input.

OceanDreamer
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreamer2 View Post
Hello Ladies and gents,
I am looking for info on Network Marketing companies such as Arbonne, Isagenix, etc and similar companies. These type of NM/health and wellness co's attract me as a business and product line. I am looking for really straight forward and no BS, wishy-washy, by the book answers, and rather personal experience and honesty. You can post it here and/or PM , but rather it is posted so i can at least see the different opinions in one page rather than several messages

I would like to know the Good, The Bad, the Ugly, the Best in YOUR personal opinion and experience, on how this has worked for you in the time you have worked it as a business, and if this is your first NM or business. Please share with me on the following:
2- compensation plan: quotas, requirements, qualification and maintenance req's and quotas
5-products quality, packaging, selling rate, customer attrition and reorder rate
8- how often have the products changed in the past 10 years, how often has the comp plan changed if at all in all their years in existence? How often has coporate leadership changed in the past 10 years?
9-how many hours do you work (including meetings, party/one on one time, driving, phone call,e tc)? and what is your average income per month on your sales and how much on your leadership income?
11- How did you start your business (contacts approach) and how did you expand it and still expand it?

well, I think this is all for now for me. :-)
Hope i can see some answers at some point. I am looking for a leverage-residual income type of business as I believe those are the kind that offer the income, flexibility and potential I am looking for. I have no children so that is a plus in a way for me at this time. I work full time and lead a fairly busy life, but I want out of the 9 to 5!!! I want my house by the Ocean!
thank you again for your input.

OceanDreamer
Wow, that's a lot of typing. I invite you to watch the video on my site and then we can chat if you like what you see. At that point I can answer any and all of your good questions
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 AM
WAHM Master

Good Morning!
I agree, that is just much to type but I am available for phone chat if you'd to learn about ViSalus.

We are a 90 day health challenge and we grew by 80,000 last month alone!

Also was featured on the cover of Success magazine in July and in the Wall Street journal. Plus last week's USA today.

ViSalus is a 6 year old company, in momentum phase and a very FUN business you can work part time (even online)introducing others to the challenge.

You can watch the company video at ViSalus Sciences
and also do your due diligence in learning all the facts and figures at ViSalus Sciences | Support | Due Dilligence

The comp plan can be viewed on my site in my siggy.

Feel free to get in touch through my site anytime.

I have been in NM for 10+ years with 2 main companies and recently made a big switch to ViSalus because I just couldn't let this ship pass me by.

I made director in my first 30 days and already have helped a team member to do so.Plus my income in the first month exceeded my old business monthly income :-)

I'd love to welcome you to the challenge and to this amazing team!!

Have an awesome day!

Debra
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

I agree with Deb as far as ViSalus...I've NEVER seen a business that pays so well coupled with the how duplicatable it is.

I'm a very "average" network marketer, meaning I was part of those who NEVER saw success in this industry because I didn't know what to look for. I just joined the company that I was first presented with and it seemed logical. However in my 6 years experience in this industry I finally figured out all the pieces that have to come together in order for you to position yourself for success FIRST.

At least it seems that you recognize this OceanDreamer as you are asking the right questions and know that you want to be in the health and wellness field

Deb and I would be happy to answer your questions over the phone if you like...I would suggest to watch the video at ViSalus Sciences to get the overview of the company and the challenge we promote and then we can get on the phone to get your questions answered specifically.

ViSalus is a major contender in the momentum area...we have had double digit compounded growth for the past 22 months (with the exception of one month).

We can share some stats with you too for what we have done as a company last month. Just PM Deb with when you would like to get together. Best wishes on your decision!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Banned

Smile Wow...all great questions.

I have to agree that this is a lot to put in any post. I'll give it a try with MonaVie but you will be getting really condensed answers with an invitation to speak to me or email with questions.

1- compensation plan overall - We have a binary plan with just 2 legs that goes down to infinity. Some people love it and some hate it because you get paid on your "weaker" leg. I love it because it make us a true team. I have 115 people on my left leg that I get paid for even though I have only personally place ONE person there. I concentrate solely on my right side even though I get paid for the volume in BOTH legs.

2- compensation plan: quotas, requirements, qualification and maintenance req's and quotas - We post all of the information on our website including a 2010 full income disclosure. As we "speak" MonaVie is adding a perk to the compensation plan that will get you your product for free with two customers...I invite you to be on the Corporate call tonight for a full explanation of the new stuff coming:

To join the call dial one of the numbers below on Monday at 9pm EST.

USA & Territories, Canada
1-866-221-6640
1-877-272-5573
1-866-787-8295
1-866-352-4928 PIN: 4928

International
1-904-596-2373 PIN: 7878295

3- attrition rates in your business experience - I honestly don't know the rate for my company but I can tell you that all of my personally sponsored people are still in...one from 2008. But I go out of my way to help everyone get started. In my experience most people who "fail" at MLM don't really give whatever company they join a chance...they simply give up.

4- company's financial and leadership Again, if you go on our website and look read the bios of the people they are bringing on board you will see that they are positioning themselves to grow from 1 to 5 billion in the next 5 years. All of them are world class professionals who listen to the distributors and genuinely care about quality and making a difference.

5-products quality, packaging, selling rate, customer attrition and reorder rate Virtually everyone who tries the products loves them. Packaging is slick and professional. I have had the weight management products reviewed by a weight loss blog and I can send you the link.

6- prizes, rewards and incentives beyond the comp plan bonuses and income We are not allowed to make income claims (this is generally true of most legitimate network marketing companies) but we are constantly doing promotions, giving out prizes trips etc...I am on my way currently to earning a Cruise in January. Additionally the company has created a loyalty card program that will get distributors and preferred customers discounts at virtually every big box store around...they also make available low cost health insurance and are working on discounts on eyecare, prescriptions, dental and more.

7- company and personal team leader support and education Since the binary pay through infinity, I get assistance all the way up the line to my black diamonds. I am very active as is my upline. We do this full-time.

8- how often have the products changed in the past 10 years, how often has the comp plan changed if at all in all their years in existence? How often has coporate leadership changed in the past 10 years? MonaVie has been around since 2005 and is currently a billion dollar company but not yet 10 years old. The products have "Changed" only in so far as packaging has improved, new products have come out and the company has worked hard to get research done and scientific data out to help distributors support its claims. We even have an FDA white paper that supports the benefits on one of our juices.

9-how many hours do you work (including meetings, party/one on one time, driving, phone call,e tc)? and what is your average income per month on your sales and how much on your leadership income? I would say that I work about 20 hours a week. Much of it is simply networking. I get paid every week but I can't disclose amounts.

10- what is your average percentage of income vs expenses per month? I put a lot of what I make back into my business but that is because I am focused on becoming a MonaVie millionaire in the next 36 months. I want that Black Mercedes!

11- How did you start your business (contacts approach) and how did you expand it and still expand it? I simply network and talk to people about the product when the opportunity presents itself. I belong to a number of meet-up groups and the local chamber. If I wear MonaVie branded clothing, people actually approach me. I also have a stencil on my truck.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional questions...PM for my phone # or send me yours and I am also happy to speak with you. Good Luck with your search.

LillianRose

PS. I have a townhouse across from the Ocean
Old 10-03-2011, 08:08 AM
WAHM Addict

Smile Shaklee

Hi There~

Wow lots of good questions, oceandreamer2!!! My name is Amber and I am with Shaklee Shaklee is a 55 year old company and going strong! We are the #1 Natural Nutrition Company in the U.S. and our focus & philosophy is and has always been to produce products that are "safe" and backed by "true" science with a 100% Money Back Guarantee! We are different from many supposed health & wellness companies out there in that we don't produce fad or hypey products that are full of artificial sweeteners, fillers and unnatural ingredients!!! The great thing about Shaklee is many people have heard of us before and they "trust" our quality and want to be a part of the Shaklee Difference

If you are looking to join a company that is solid and will be here for many more years to come and offers an amazing comp plan and incredible rewards, please feel free to contact me My email is: [email protected] or call me toll-free at: 1/877-482-1172.

Looking forward to sharing Shaklee with you..............
Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned

My name is Marcus and I am an Independent Distributor with Skinny Body Care. I have been in NWM since 2006. I was with a couple of Travel NWM companies and a couple of Health & Wellness companies until I quit the industry in January 2010. I was making money, but the people I sponsored weren't able to duplicate my success. I never thought I'd be involved with another NWM until I found out about Skinny Body Care.

I learned about the company in January 2011, but did not become a Distributor until April 2011. I researched the company and the product for several months before deciding to join.

My answers are in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreamer2 View Post
Hello Ladies and gents,
3x6 Matrix compensation plan, which expands to 3x8. This compensation plan is for the average Network Marketer who isn't able to sponsor a lot of people. It's working well for me and my team as most of my team members are receiving income.

The following are compenents of the compensation plan: 1) Powerline bonus 2) Fast Start Bonuses with Infinity Overrides 3) Infinity Matching Bonuses 4) Monthly Leadership pool 5) Rank Achievement Bonuses.

No quota except to purchase 1 bottle of Skinny Fiber per month to receive the monthly Matrix commission check. We have different ranks: Bronze, Silver, Good, Platinum, Diamond, Crown Diamond, and Royal Crown Diamond. You achieve these ranks based upon either the number of Distributors or Preferred Customers you enroll; the number of personal enrollments your team members have; or the BV (Business Volume) in your organization.

I don't know the attrition rate. However, I have personally enrolled 28 Distributors & Preferred Customers, and only 5 have either quit the business or discontinued using the product. Our team has a couple of Closed Groups on Facebook with several thousand members in each group.

Since Skinny Body Care isn't a Publicly traded company, financial information has not been posted. However, I have never received a payment late since I joined on 4/28/11. The founder of the company has started several successful companies. We were approved by the European Union on 9/28/11. Now we can legally distribute the product in all 27 European countries.

Based upon my experience, the leadership with the company is great. There is a lot of Free training provided and everyone works together as a team.

Skinny Fiber is a weight loss supplement with 3 key ingredients: Caralluma, Glucomannan, and Cha de Bugre. The product also has Digestive Enzymes to help you digest food more effeciently.

It is packaged in a sealed, pink bottle with 120 capsules. It is also available in vege-capsules.

As I've stated above, only 5 people I've enrolled are no longer with company or using the product. Based upon my results, the reorder rate from Preferred Customers is very good.

You can earn $131,000 in bonuses based upon rank advancements.
Company support is great. You can communicate via phone call, live chat, or email.

My sponsor has been in the industry for over 23 years and is a great sponsor. I'm learning from him and duplicate what he does. His sponsor is also great. She is the highest income earning in the company and provides free training every Saturday via webinar.

The company was launched on 1/20/11. The compensation plan has been enhanced to allow for additional rank achievement bonuses.

I work the business 1 to 3 hours per day, 5 days per week. There are no meetings to attend, no 3-way calls. Our system does 95% of the work and our team has live opportunity calls 7 days per week and a live opportunity webinar 4 days per week. I invite guests to these events and allow the leaders to do the work.

Unable to make income claims based upon company policy. However, our team did over $500,000 in BV last month.

My only expense is $65.92 per month. I use Social Networks and free advertising boards to share the business.

I started my business by using the product. People saw me losing weight and wanted to know what I was doing. Once I began seeing results, I began to share my testimony. I'm down around 25 lbs and 2 inches off my waist.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Mad Scientist

Watkins is a little different than the other Wellness companies and may not be what you are looking for, but I figured I would give some info on them in case.
The products Watkins offer are environmentally friendly and contribute to a healthier life by cutting out harmful chemicals found in a lot of other brands of items we use every day.

I don't have all the answers you asked but I will tell you what I know!

Set commission on your personal sales and a bonus percentage of any downline sales.

We have no quotas or required autoships or maintenance fees.

I don't know this one, but they have been in business since 1868 and are not going anywhere!

The quality is very good and sales have been good for me in extracts & cleaning products. I have had several people tell me they will continue to purchase these items from me.

Watkins does offer incentive trips

I have not met a greater group of people than my upline. The support of the Summit group is simply amazing and I just love all of them! All my interactions with the company itself have been very quick and addresses exactly what I needed done.

8- how often have the products changed in the past 10 years, how often has the comp plan changed if at all in all their years in existence?
I know they have reformulated a couple times over the years as well as added a lot of new products, but nothing major to my knowledge. From the research I have done, the comp plan has not changed much, if any, at all.

How often has coporate leadership changed in the past 10 years?
The Watkins family owned the business from 1868 until the mid 1970's when they sold it to the Jacobs family who still operate it today.

I am personally just starting out. I probably put in 10 hours a week. I can't really post anything on the income part just because I am starting out, but I will say I did earn back my membership fee the same month I joined.

Once again, I am just starting out so my expenses are higher - but I chose to do it that way. You do not have to purchase anything from Watkins to get started (other than the membership) if you don't want to. your expenses are what you decide you want to put into it. Just talking to my family & friends got me sales my second day and it wasn't because they know me, it's because they know the brand and love their products. If I stopped there I would have been ahead for that month!

I talk to friends & family, put out flyers, craigslist and then I talk to friends, family & strangers some more! My plan is to retail locally and do my recruiting online.

If there is anything you want more clarification on or anything else you would like to know just let me know!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Super WAHM

Looks like you have some great companies to look at. If you are interested in Green and Organic products I invite you to take the tour and learn about this new Organic company!

I was blessed to be invited to be a part of it. You can email me at [email protected]
if this looks like something you may be interested in..

Get Healthy while getting paid

Natalie
Old 10-08-2011, 08:25 PM
WAHM Regular

wow. thank you all for your replies!
I have a 2 ,possibly three, companies to look at. I am comparing, etc. I will let you know what comes of it. Although always open to new ideas. Someone had sent me some brief contact info about an online type product company, but lost the messge in mybox. if you are out there, contact me again please.
thanks
PS I am in Canada...
Ocean