Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Question Recommendations on good appetite suppressant?

I am looking for a good appetite suppressant that will keep my appetite even throughout the day and be satisfied with a small amount of food. I try to eat right/healthy, but for instance when I go out to eat, I would like to be satisfied/full on a smaller amount of food if the food isn't that low calorie (like pizza).

I lost 50 pounds last year by a pre-packaged food service, and the reason I'm looking for an appetite suppressant is so I don't have to be so strict to maintain. I still want to "live", you know what I mean? And plus, it's a lot easier to make a healthier choice when you are not ravenous.

Jolena on this board is sending me samples of Diet Magic and Symply Magic, but I would love to hear about anything else that you feel really works for you. It doesn't have to be something you sell, you may have tried something from the store that worked for you. I already tried Skinny Fiber and took it for a month.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
WAHM Addict

Wink Cinch by Shaklee

Hi Ryan~

I encourage you to come and take a look at Cinch by Shaklee We offer a complete line of weight management products that are fueled by the amino acid "leucine"! Leucine helps to build and stabilize the muscle therefore speeding up the metabolism and burning the fat!

Here are a few of the products we offer:

1. Cinch 3-in-1 Boost:

• Boosts metabolism—Provides clinically tested levels of EGCG from green tea to boost
metabolism and burn fat.*
• Helps retain normal blood-sugar levels—With chromium, vanadium, and banaba
leaf to help control hunger and food cravings.*
• Provides the vitamins and minerals you need—Delivers 100% or more of the Daily
Values of 21 essential vitamins and minerals when taken with one serving of Cinch® Shake Mix.

2. Cinch Shake Mix:

• Provides the benefits of a meal, but tastes like dessert. Four flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry & Cafe Latte
• Powered by Leucine™ to preserve muscle while you lose weight
• 24 grams of non-GMO soy protein per serving** to help you feel satisfied and full
• High in fiber, with 6 grams per serving
• Low glycemic to retain normal blood-sugar levels and sustain energy
• Delivers 35% or more of the Daily Value of 21 essential vitamins and minerals with no artificial sweeteners or preservatives

3. Cinch Snack Bars

• Powered by Leucine™ to help
preserve lean muscle
• 10 grams of protein
• 120–130 calories per bar
• 3 grams of fiber per serving
• Low glycemic
• Extra B vitamins for cellular energy

4. Cinch Tea

• T-Lift exclusive three-tea blend includes:
Matcha green tea powder—A premier green tea prepared to naturally
retain all of the nutrients found in tea leaves, including fiber, minerals,
and antioxidants.
White tea extract—Also known as baby green tea with a higher level of antioxidant
compounds compared to green tea.
Rooibos red tea extract—Unique to the Cedarburg region of South Africa and
with unique polyphenol antioxidant compounds.
• Safe, natural energy boost
• Includes taurine, widely studied for enhanced alertness, energy, and endurance
• Perfect alternative to sugary snacks and coffee for a quick energy lift
• Tastes great hot or cold
• Convenient single-serving sticks
• Available in two flavors: unsweetened and pomegranate

Thanks for allowing me to share Cinch with you
Old 08-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

I have been taking Vemma along with my mom and we have both noticed that we don't feel as hungry or have cravings. When you have complete nutrition you don't overeat. I'd be happy to send you some more info on mangosteen which is one of the ingredients in our clinically proven formula but if you also google mangosteen it is listed as a natual appetite supressant. We have many quick and convenient ways to get it into the body. I'd be happy to send you a V2 which is a Vemma 2oz single serving size so you can experience the taste.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:54 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Hunger Control

The thing with controlling your hunger is proper nutrition. When you give your body the proper nutrition your cravings will stop and you will feel satisfied longer.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

I know you've tried Skinny Fiber and it works very well for me. Especially in the evening time.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Smile Good nutrition helps a lot

I agree with the post that spoke about good nutrition. Your body is going to crave the nutrients it needs and if you don't get it from your regular meal you will crave more food.

I know I am biased but I find that the MonaVie RVL chocolate weight management bar helps me a lot. It tasted like fudge but is packed with protein, fiber and lost of antioxidant power so it really works for me...plus I get a great chocolate fix!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM
RozPearcy

I know that the appetite suppressant from ViSalus has already been mentioned, but it has ingredients that help lift your mood as well since you want to live as you say I put it in my drinks and I didn't taste any different. The drink seemed a bit thicker (just a tad) but still good! If you put it in an already thicker drink like a protein shake then you won't notice it at all.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank you

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I have tried soo many shakes before; I guess shakes just do not appeal to me right now. I have 2 HUGE canisters of Andrew Lessman soy protein powders in my kitchen right now that I never drink. They have a good taste, and they are supposedly "meal replacements", but I am hungry an hour later-not exactly a "meal". I also have a huge bag of chocolate whey protein, and it's not my favorite. I am sure the Visalus shakes are tasty, though. I didn't realize they had an appetite suppressant product.

I think I am someone who responds better to energy type products as far as appetite control. For instance, I took a 5 hour energy shot before Zumba this afternoon (and I never take those, I believe I have only tried it once), and I barely ate anything the rest of the night. But if it's a product that has ingredients that supposedly fill you up-like fiber, protein, hoodia-I've found that those don't really work for me. I guess everyone is different.

I am getting some samples of a couple of products, and I will report my results for sure.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 PM
WAHM Addict

Actually the Vi-Trim isn't a shake mix it is a powder that you can add to any drink it has no caffeine and its flavor free and we also have a product called Neuro that is a energy drink that can be used in any thing you are drinking to.

I have tried protein powders from the health food store and didn't like their taste at all but our Protein shakes from Visalus taste like a cake mix. Good luck with your search.

~Linda
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Awesome WAHM

Vemma has healthy energy shots as well as energy drinks in addition to a healthy sports drink(handy packet you add to your water bottle) as well as our liquid nutrition in full size or handy 2oz bottles. Let me know if you would like me to send you some info and samples.

Closed Thread