Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Super WAHM

Default Full and part time paid positions.....

I am considering hiring several WAHM's to do B2B cold calls. You would be signing on businesses to our free advertising/discount program and offering them a $50 gift just for signing on.

Right now I am just looking at discussing this. I am looking for your thoughts and opinions.

These would all be paid positions. In trying to decide on how much to pay. The issue for me was that I would really have no idea if you were actually working or not. I would have no way of knowing if you were making the calls or not.

So I decided to start pay based on a performance scale. This scale would be increased/decreased once we see how it really works for everyone. As an example. If we started with the minimum wage of $7.25 an hour AND paid a bonus based on businesses signed on it could work out well for those who are actually working.

Now lets say you work 10 hours and sign on two businesses.....well, we probably wont be using you or you need better training. You make $7.25 per hour.

Now you work 10 hours and sign on 40 businesses (1 per 15 minutes).....you are smoking it and deserve to be paid well at around $20.......or $5 per business.

Maybe that's the way to do it.......set a pay scale per business? Some businesses pay more than others?

Again, just starting an open discussion here and looking for your feedback. My gut also tells me that if you are responsible for making others do well then you should make a bonus for increasing productivity.

You will need experience. You will need an unlimited calling plan as we wont be paying your phone bill. you will need to speak very fluent English and you will need to be on our payroll.....meaning we will be paying by check and withholding taxes.

So.....talk to me!

Thanks,

Doug
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnwahm View Post
Hello Doug. Great to see you here on the boards again. Yes, there is actually a way to make sure that the calls were made utilizing several methods. One is called detailed billing and the other is called a spreadsheet, where they have to record the date of the call and the results of that call, which then can be verified by comparing the two side by side and being able to match them up with the calls. People can get detailed billing through either their phone company or via Google Voice or via Vonage (which is what I utilize). I do this every single day. Just thought this might help.

Also, my preference is to be paid by the hour, because I can for sure tell you that I make the phone calls and can prove it by the above. JMO.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to message me if you would like, as I would be interested in helping making the calls for you and I have 20 plus years of experience in doing so, including working on a full-time telecommuting basis.
I did think about the spreadsheet but had not thought about the detailed billing. The spreadsheet still boils down to trust....which I have no problem doing, but I do like the idea of detailed billing.

I would definitely pay by the hour but my point was maybe a bonus of $5 per business signed on. Maybe bonus over a certain number per hour or better yet per week?

If a WAHM signs on 10 businesses in one week she wont receive a bonus but if she signs on 40 she gets a bonus.......just thinking out loud as I want everyone's feedback.

This needs to be a win/win and the WAHM's that work hard need to be paid accordingly.

I like the detailed billing idea.......a lot!.....:}

Thanks,

Doug
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Super WAHM

I also received this one via email;
=============================
Hi Doug,
I just read your post and it sounds very interesting. Especially this part:
10 hours and sign on 40 businesses (1 per 15 minutes).....you are smoking it and deserve to be paid well at around $20.......or $5 per business.

I think your idea will work good.
I know that I would like to see if I could sign on businesses. Would the people you hire get a list of businesses to call and scripts?

=============================

Yes, we would provide a list of businesses to all for the EXACT SAME AREA as well as a script to get you started.

See, we would be targeting very specific cities. So lets say we decide to concentrate on Toledo, Ohio. All of the WAHM's working for us will be given a portion of the list in the exact same city. Our goal will be to sign on a minimum of 200 businesses per city as well as to find a rep to then manage those listings.

Keep the questions and interest coming. As of now we would probably start with 10 WAHM's and see how it goes from there.

Thanks,

Doug
Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Super WAHM

Smile

Doug:

I also like that person's response and idea as well regarding the amount per business, etc. That would be a good incentive and I agree with that too.

BTW, thanks for directing me to the proper thread.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Hello Doug, thanks for the detailed post. I agree with the above posters that the incentive per business sounds good especially when paired with the hourly pay. This seems like a great idea, and it's definitely something I'd be interested in applying for.

-Jessica