Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Super WAHM

Default New from Grapevine........

Thanks to all for the votes to open a new folder and special thanks to WAHM.com for all of their help and support.

We have developed a new program and have decided to open our program, for free, to the WAHM’s on WAHM.com only. As a test we will only be accepting the first 15 WAHM’s that sign up and as always we will give the first spots to WAHM’s we have worked with in the past.

Remember, this is a “test” of our program and we may open to more once we see how things are working out.

This is going to be a long read so sit back, grab a cup of coffee, tea or whatever and be prepared to think about what we are offering and what we are looking for.

OK, here goes…….First and foremost is that we have been working with the WAHM’s on WAHM.com for about two years. I think anyone that knows us knows that we pay and we do not cheat anyone. We also know that many WAHM’s just can’t do a full time or structured “job”. There’s just no way to pull a 9-5 job and raise your kids at the same time and there really has been no way to make a realistic $10,000-$100,000+ a year.
With that being said I want to let you know this new program does take a leap of faith……in yourself more than in us. Our offer to you is to work with us to build our needed base and in return we will pay you per card sold……..and you don’t sell the cards (unless you want to and earn more…..:}……more on this in the end.

Many of you know that we recently launched GrapevineDiscounts.com as an add-on to the Grapevine Communities. The basics of our newest site are to get a minimum of 40 businesses to sign on, in each city, to accept our discount cards and to provide a minimum discount of 15% to customers who use our cards. There is no cost to the business at all and the discount can be on a singular item and not everything in their store.

Our cards are then promoted to local non-profits, churches, school groups and so on where they use them as fundraisers. We even allow the local business owners to sell the cards. The cards are sold at $25 each and the non-profit earns $10.50 per card sold.
This is where I think many of you will see the value in what we are trying to build. How many of you have kids that bring home things from school where the school is having a “fundraiser”? Every single time you buy that “magazine membership” or tin of popcorn you know there is no real value in what you just purchased but you do it to support the kids!

What if there were a great fundraiser that also had a great value (discounts at over 40 LOCAL businesses), was reasonably priced ($25), could raise over $1000 in a weekend, and supported the community?

Now that we have built just such a program we are running Craigslist ads looking for “Local Reps”. As I said earlier….I don’t think most WAHM can be that local rep…..but I do think you could get businesses to sign up for free. I also feel many of you would be able to work with the local non profits and assist them in selling our cards.

My true passion is to promote “Buy Local-Shop Local” and to do the right thing while making a great living. So I have hired WAHM’s to run ads for us on sites like Craigslist and never really thought about giving you an “opening”……until now.

You can work at your own pace and during your own hours…….but, you really need to be VERY personable and you need to learn our new product. You can use your phone or your computer to contact local business owners to get them to sign up for our program. If you want you can even go meet with them. We will provide you with all of the paperwork, you just need to do the “leg work”.

Now, just so you know. Remember that “leap of faith” I mentioned earlier……..here’s where that kicks in. We are not paying you to bring on businesses….yet that’s what you need to do. We are paying you based on the number of cards we sell. You MUST get at least 40 businesses to sign up before we will start selling cards in your area.
Here’s the thing…..most discount card programs sell their cards for around the same price that we sell ours for but….they only have between 10 and 20 businesses usually. Also, most discount cards can only be used “locally”. Our cards will be able to be used anywhere the card is accepted……..anywhere! Our end goal is to have several hundred businesses in every major city as well as at least 100 in smaller cities.

We want to provide an exceptional value……that’s why we require at least 40 businesses.
We feel it will be easy (and have proof) for us to bring on local non-profits, church groups and school groups to sell the cards for us if we already have the businesses signed on…..but again, you can do the leg work here and earn the added revenue as well.

Now for the money…….The cards are sold at $25 each.

The person who brings on the businesses will be paid $3 per card sold
The person who brings on the non-profits will earn $3 per card sold
The person who uploads all of the data will earn $3 per card sold
The non-profit makes $10.50 per card
And Grapevine makes $5.50 per card

Now is where the real fun begins……My son is a Scout. We used to sell popcorn as a fundraiser and did very well, because people wanted to support the kids…..not eat the overpriced popcorn. If we would have had the Grapevine Discount Card we easily could have sold over 100 cards in a day and made over $1000.
So, if that same Scout Troop were to sell those same 100 cards you would earn $300 from their sale if you were to only bring on the businesses.
Now let’s say the high school band needs new instruments and sells 500 cards then the church sells another 300.
Just from the above you would have earned $2100 and I FIRMLY believe that is only a drop in the bucket.

The fact is if my sons Scout Troop had been able to sell the cards I feel we would have sold nearly 1000 cards over the two weeks that we sold popcorn AND we had one of the SMALLEST Troops in the city!

The list goes on and on but……YOU NEED TWO THINGS;

1. You need to see the vision and commit to making it work for yourself and for your family
2. You need to be very personable and willing to talk to just about anyone who will listen

My goal for this WAHM project is to have at least 5 of you making money…..good money….with-in the next 4-6 months. That way I feel there will be 100 of you signing on and making money. The fact is the more you make the more Grapevine makes.

You will continue to be paid for 18 months AFTER you stop bringing on businesses…..and maybe longer depending on what your efforts were.

There is more to it but I’m tired of typing and you’re tired of reading.
I asked for this folder so that we can get you to sign up AND to discuss how it’s going for you.

Please feel free to ask questions, here on WAHM.com, and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.

To apply send me an email with your name and phone number at [email protected] and I will call you for a “Phone Interview”. The reason for the “interview” is to make sure you are “personable” and can talk to me as if I were that business.

I will also be holding a phone conference soon for those who decide to give this a try.

Please remember that we charge local reps a monthly fee as well as a set up fee and are offering this to the WAHM.com members for free. Please only try this if you feel you can make a commitment to yourself to get the job done over the next 2-4 months.

Feel free to work with other WAHM's in your area and split the earnings.
Feel free to tell us what worked and what didn't so that all WAHM's can see money coming in.......:}
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy Grapevine e-mail returning

I tried to send my ad postings today and both the [email protected]/[email protected] are returning delivery status failed.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Marcia
Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlking14 View Post
I tried to send my ad postings today and both the [email protected]/[email protected] are returning delivery status failed.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Marcia

I am having the same issue. Thought is was just me.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Super WAHM

Our servers are down........ugh......

We are suffering a major crash at the moment so hold off for a day on sending anything.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Super WAHM

Now that our servers are back online we can start moving forward with this project.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have. We launched in Tallahassee Florida and are having great results.You can view them at GrapevineDiscounts.com and we will be launching today in Tucson, AZ.

The Tucson rep said he has been getting great feedback and easy sign-ups from the local business participants.

In looking at this......we may turn this into a great position for WAHM's to sign up businesses and/or non profits all over the US and not just in your own area.......:}

Doug
Old 10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Super WAHM

I thought I might share a few of our marketing materials with all of you.

This is our brochure for the consumers.

This is our brochure for the local merchants.

This is our brochure for the local non-profits.

This is our "Sample Goals" flyer.

This is our new business sign-up form.
This is the form you would be filling out to bring on the new businesses.

This is our fundraiser brochure.

We have a lot more created but I wanted to share a few items to give you a sense of where we are......:}

Doug

Closed Thread