Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy Feeling defeated working for Lionbridge

To start off, I just started working with Lionbridge, about a week and a half ago, as a rater. I don't even want to calculate how many hours it took me to get through all 4 of their multi-hour long application exams, just to GET the job. But, now I'm realizing that I'm only getting paid for the amount of time which THEY think is reasonable for each task and I'm not even close to meeting their estimated times.
For example, they'll give a task which really has 10 tasks within it and expect the whole page to be completed in 9 minutes, when in reality it takes me an average of about 25 minutes. I did out the math for all of the tasks I completed today, and with this method of time clocking (even including the extra 25% you get as a new rater), I'm really only going to get paid for 38% of allllllll the time I put in today.

This has me feeling really defeated and now I'm questioning if I just wasted all that time getting excited and taking exams to get this job, just so I can get paid pennies for it.

Has anyone else had this experience with LB? Does it get any better?
Their website says that with experience and time, I should eventually find my task completion times will improve to meet their expected time limits. But I'm feeling doubtful at this point and regretting the amount of time and effort I've ALREADY put in so far.........I guess, IDK if I should stick it out to find out or just count my losses and walk. (ESPECIALLY since I won't even see my first paycheck until over a month of working here, because of their pay schedule.....) Any advice or similar experiences out there?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2015, 05:53 AM
Registered WAHM

I don't work for LB but I do work for another company that does the same type of work. You will get better at this, the longer you do it. If you like the work, hang in there. It is a different mindset, only getting paid for the exact time you are working. Different than many traditional jobs. There is a more active forum on another site for LB employees, if you haven't found it, search for it. Good Luck!!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:35 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi! My experience with Lionbridge was not good. Apparently some things have changed since I worked for them, but I'll tell you it's not worth it.

I worked very hard for a year and a half with no feedback as to my performance. Suddenly I was fired for no reason. They claimed they were "downsizing" and laid off most of the department I worked for, but they replaced us all the next week. Nice, huh?

Oh, and I wasn't even told over the phone or in an email. I received a package from FedEx with my last check and the paperwork. That's how I found out I had been fired. Even nicer!

If you're not happy, quit and move on. It's really not worth the stress you are going through and your efforts won't be rewarded.

I hope you find something better!

Blinky :-)
Old 05-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Grand WAHM

I'm sorry to hear you're not having a positive experience. Maybe it's time to look for something else?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:07 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't work for LB but I do work for LF and I use rateraid to help keep track of the amount of time that I have left to complete a block. There are more options on rateraid if you subscribe but I used it for months without paying a single dime.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:26 AM
WAHM Regular

So many people hear about an opportunity to make money and jump at the chance to do so. They use money for their own motivation, and never think about how much work it actually takes to make the money.

Find something you "love" to do and are passionate about, and you will NEVER work another day in your life!

When you love what you're doing, motivation is NOT even an issue!