Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 PM
WAHM Regular

I was hired in October, as QR. This is the first I'm hearing of this. Very very upset. Knew I was ending in a few months, but was really hoping to have gone to October.

Whaaaaaa!

Edited by: InfoBear
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
WAHM Regular

If they are ending the project in a couple weeks then why did they come out with new guidelines? That seems like an awful lot of work for nothing. Does anyone know for a FACT that this is true because it seems like a false rumor based on other factors.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey1111
If they are ending the project in a couple weeks then why did they come out with new guidelines? That seems like an awful lot of work for nothing. Does anyone know for a FACT that this is true because it seems like a false rumor based on other factors.
Google is not closing the QR project - the rumor is that WFL is ending their involvement. The other companies (LF, LB) are remaining; they also have access to the same hub and training materials as WFL raters. The new guidelines apply to them as well.

Someone said she spoke directly with WFL and they confirmed they are ending the project - it's not too farfetched, considering that they haven't been hiring new raters for quite some time. I really, really hope that they aren't, but I won't be surprised if they are.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Good point, I didn't think of that. Has anyone other than dazzzlingdani
called or e-mailed WFL to confirm this information?
Edited by: Kelsey1111
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Registered WAHM

Hey, thanks ccbailey! There's nothing like gallows humor to take the edge off...I'm not as afraid of getting fired so much. I know from reading these boards I'm very fortunate in that I don't need this money to help support a family. It's just the waiting that gets me as I'm a little bit high-strung.

It has been great for me too. Before I started this job I'd just finished a gov't internship with a really demanding boss, so it has been especially wonderful for me to remind myself that my boss, whoever she is, is in California. I'm not saying she's not a great person (Though I wouldn't know! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] Ah ha ha!) but it's still really nice to have a boss in a completely different state for awhile.

I haven't been axed down yet, but when the fateful day does arrive, I kind of want to cope by making a blog or something with all the things I've learned/found during the course of this job. I swear to god I've bookmarked half the internet.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Super WAHM

I've read the other half!

Might go faster if I quit reading! hehe
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Alright everyone, I called the office today to find out about this. Sadly, I don't have much to report. I was told that they can't "confirm or deny" Then I added that someone stated they called the office and got confirmation that it is happening. She put me on hold for a few minutes, and came back asking who said that. Of course I didn't know and just said it was someone on a message board. She then repeated that she can't confirm or deny or discuss it.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks info. bear. The fact that they didn't deny it makes me concerned, but it does seems strange that someone there would just blurt this news out to one of us, when this type of information is typically kept very confidential until it takes place. I guess we'll find out. I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
WAHM Regular

It seems odd to me that they would send us new training material, and update our WFL homepage if they were going to let us all go in two weeks. I guess only time will tell....
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethiscandle

What about the new IC job that WFL was advertising for $10 an hour that was advertised in craigslist and in the folders recently? Anyone apply for that?
Bumping my question here and in another thread tosee if anyone knows about this?