Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM
WAHM Regular

I tried asking to be switched to Ads Rater and wsa told that I would have to wait out the 90 days and apply for it. I have to admit that ticked me off because not only was there no warning, but then they do not even allow for you to change positions
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 01:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Hmm...then it sounds like they're (hopefully) not phasing out the AQR program as well. Waiting 90 days is def. not fun, but I hope that remains an option...I really like working for WFL.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Super WAHM

I'm still here also. I've been on since last November. I was really hoping to make it at least a year. Whatever happens, I've enjoyed this job and am grateful for the opportunity.

Do the other employers hire people to rate in other languages? I am originally and English rater, but accepted another language also, so I do both. I wonder if they'll need raters for other languages and what agency will handle those projects.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has confirmed the mid-June thing. It seems with all the lay offs, and with them not hiring new QRs, that it's probably true. But, I've also been around these boards long enough to see other people have been told things about layoffs or hiring that never transpired. I hope that's the case.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered WAHM

I started as a QR in December and I am still hanging on, wondering what will become of my position. While I don't like the idea of losing such a great job, I am glad that there is finally some communication about what is happening at WFL (assuming the mid-June thing is correct).

I applied at Lionbridge around the same time as G and didn't meet their qualifications. So, I'm not sure what options are available for me when WFL ends. [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Well, I will enjoy it while it lasts!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:59 PM
WAHM Regular

illiteratefool I loved your comment. It gave me a good laugh. I feel like since I started I have read that WFL was done more than once. I am not saying it is not true, but at some point I stopped obsessing. I don't want it to happen, but at the same point a blank screen leading to frenzy everytime just became crazy. I still check my email and gasp sometimes. I just have assumed that it is coming. I, like some of the others am totally grateful for this job and have nothing but positive things to say about Google and WFL. I won't even send my resume to the other companies. I like direct deposit (without fees). Every interaction I have had with WFL employee has been great. I get paid every thursday without fail, and they have never once told me they were not going to pay me for hours I worked. I think maybe it would be fun to start a pool. When will we get the ax?

I had a side thought/theory too... Maybe they got so sick of the emails and calls that they decided to say this as there standard line to just get people to stop calling. That may be just wishful thinking.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Registered WAHM

Aw guys...I was bummed tonight after I read this thread.

Fortunately been a QR for WFL since Nov/Dec and loved every minute...I was hoping to make it to a year, but after reading this thread...well, I guess the writing is on the wall.

I had hopes it may be wrong though....but after I read the new updated info on the hub about a particular task - they only refer to LB or LF raters no WFL.

Was really sad tonight, this job is wonderful, flexible, I learn something new everytime I work. Its such a unique experience. If and when the axe does fall, I hope we get to continue on in some form or fashion with Google. Loved it. Best job ever. (well you know what I mean). I always take a gasp everytime I sign into my account...at least we are not alone and have some notice to what may come.

My fingers are still crossed though! Thx for listening.

(sigh)

Old 05-29-2009, 05:54 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm just checking in. I am a second-year AQR, but I started my last year in July so I am expecting it at any time anyway. We are different, we don't have "hubs" so we never know what is going on.

What about the new IC job that wfl is advertising for $10 an hour that was advertised in craigslist and in the folders recently? Anyone apply for that?Edited by: lovethiscandle
Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Super WAHM

I just think it stinks that Google has taken the WFL salary and effectvely cut it down $6/hour (once you factor in that you are an independent contractor).
Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 AM
WAHM Regular

I went under contract last October and while I hoped to make it an entire year, I've lasted seven months plus. I have loved every minute of this job - both Google and WorkForce Logic have been nothing but good to me.

Fortunately, I knew that this was a short term position, and I have used it to bolster me and mine while I pursued my writing and art. Course, I have to throw in how much more time I've been able to spend with my horse (I love being self employed). [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] This has been a great experience, and I have been so lucky!!

Happy Friday to ya'll!

Cheers -
Laura

Old 05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Super WAHM

I had no idea! Is this a rumor, or fact?

I've been a QR since December. This is my second/part-time job, but I've been relying on the money more lately because my husband was laid off. What a bummer!