Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Hello. I submitted my resume according to instructions and received the standard email that they had received it and would review it. That was over two weeks ago now. I'm wondering if I should keep waiting or if I was not selected.

My question is....does anyone know if Google always sends a "thanks but no thanks" email if you are not selected? Do you think they are just taking a while to respond? I'm applying to lots of other places too, but just wondering if I should hold out *any* hope at all for Google.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm also waiting. I sent mine on 10/27, so it's been a week for me. It makes me wonder if they're still hiring.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi. I am new to the forums, even though I've been lurking around for a while.

I too submitted my resume on 10/27 and haven't heard anything other than the standard "we've received your resume" email.

Did you attach it as an .htm or did you copy and paste? I attached the .htm...I'm wondering if I should have cut and pasted!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
WAHM Regular

I submitted mine in the body of the email as ACII (text) format, which was one of their required formats. From reading past posts here, I had the impression that if you got the standard "we've received your resume" email, all was good with the resume submission.

I know people used to say it could take weeks to hear anything, but lately people here seemed to be hearing back within four days.

Thanks for your responses. At least I'm not the only one wondering, but I'm sorry you're waiting too!

I saw someone said here that they got a "thanks but no thanks" type of email from Google, saying they had reviewed their resume but were not interested. So I'm wondering if that's normal, or if you just hear nothing if you're not accepted?

I imagine they must be getting tons more applicants these days. Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed!

Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I too submitted my resumein HTML format last week and have only received the standard your resume was received email.

I guess it's just a waitinggame now; however, it's not to promising because I saw on CNBC this afternoon that Google was going on a temporary hiring freeze.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Also experiencing a wait in response (two weeks). I heard they lost someone, so they're going through applicants slower. There is an e-mail letting you know you did not make it through the initial hiring. So if you haven't heard back, then they just haven't gotten to you yet.

I hope that helps.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks, that does help. The hiring freeze is worrisome, but maybe it doesn't affect these positions since they're through an employment agency? Good luck to everyone here :-)
Old 11-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Super WAHM

I checked with the site today and I didn't see an opening for English Language, only Spanish and French.

I sent my resume anyway...