Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Men's Party - Gift Shopping

Don't forget to ask the men if they'd like to shop for gifts!

One of our fellow consultants did a men's party at her local auto shop!!! Great job & Way to think outside the box!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Awesome WAHM

Just had to share this Gold Canyon Fragrance Consultant's success story...

"I recently held a very unique and one of a kind 'Man Party' at my local gas station/car garage! I have been taking my Volkswagen for service to (the owner) for several years now. We have chatted many times over the years, mostly about cars and current neighborhood events. Never did I think of asking HIM to Host a Party! After responding to a Facebook booking challenge he contacted me expressing interest in having a Party. At first I thought he was joking and told him he wasn’t funny—but he was serious! We decided he would serve wings and homemade micro-brew to all of his friends and family that attended the 'Man Party'. The night of the Party, I scattered all of my samplers on Josh’s desk for the guys to sniff. In the back of the station I set up a very small display of candles and accessories. The guys started to trickle into the gas station, some solo and some with their girlfriends or wives. He had a total of 24 guests in attendance! The majority of them were men between the ages of 25-30 years old. These guys couldn't wait to see all of the products! They jumped head first into the samplers and catalogs. The night ended with two bookings (one of which was Josh for the spring), $890 in sales and a very nice smelling gas station. Josh was very happy! His girlfriend and mom were even shocked that he had such a successful Party! When I went to the station to close the Party he was still amazed and excited that he had pulled off the best 'Man Party' ever! Who said men don't like candle parties? "
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Industrial Contracting Fundraiser

I have to share this too!

Last year, my mother & father in-law's car was stolen. In it were my father in-law's handicapped ramps for his mororized wheel chair and other belongings.

My husband and I decided to do a fundraiser through his work - which is made up of all 100% men in the Industrial Contracting industry!

My husband said those guys went nuts over the candles and the ladies in the front office loved them too! We were able to raise over $500 for a new set of ramps and help pay towards a new vehicle!

Don't underestimate how much those "guys" really do love a great product and variety of fragrance choices! Plus, they can get all of their shopping done for Christmas!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up That's awesome!

Thanks for sharing Mel! What great ideas! I actually have many guys in my life who LOVE candles, I have always sort of asked them in a joking way to buy candles and many of them do (and they seriously LOVE our candles, even the skeptics!), but now I am going to have to seriously look into having these candle-lovers book a show! Hee hee. Guys like to save $$$ too right? =)
Old 12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Mel that is awesome Thank you for sharing these stories!!! I agree that men love candles too. My husband is just as crazy as me when it comes to making sure our house smells amazing When I got my kit in the mail he was right there with me smelling out of the samplers that I got in the kit lol.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, my husband did the exact same thing... He always pulls his favorites for the season out of the pack and makes his "man" list, lol! In fact, he's the one who urged me to sell Gold Canyon. I was a customer and hostess for years before I started to think - hey, if I'm getting this as a hostess, why not get paid too?

Tags
candle, gold canyon, men, party, wickless