Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Hello, i am a new mom and love the idea of making gift baskets and other crafts, but i have no idea where to begin, or where to go? can anyone help give me some pointers?[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 PM
WAHM Regular

It depends on what you are looking for. A good amount of staples such as ribbons, plastic and the baskets can be found at any wholesale shop such as a Sam's Club/Wal-Mart, Costco, BJ's or a Target.

When looking for what may go in the basket, I have found Hobby Lobby, Michael's, maybe TJMaxx and Marshalls to have great things that would go in the basket as well. I am an affiliate for a gift basket company so mine are already pre-made. Although you could log on to my website and get some ideas for the holidays and beyond.

I hope some of this helped and that you are having a great holiday!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered WAHM

thank you so much, and i will check out your website. Have happy holidays too[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

I might have what you are looking for, I am a distributor for Mia Bella Gourmet candles, we have a fantastic company, I never use to make baskets until i joined this company, we have free yahoo support and tons of how to on baskets,ideas on where to go to get cheap stuff to make them with,I just made $800.00 doing 50 baskets with our wonderful votives, i put in 2 votives with votive holders, baskets from the dollar tree, with shred and my business cards. our candles are so wonderful, you can make so many differnt themes, we have over 105 scents, I am now working on valentines day sachets...
Old 01-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered WAHM

thanks, i will check it out![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Super WAHM

I am getting ready to do some baskets for realtors using my Spa products, soed anyone kno where to buy a wire type spa basket?I need it to hold a bottle of product, washcloth, loofah and a candle.... Any ideas are appreciated!

Christy
Old 01-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Christy

I found the website for you took a while but I found it. They have a large varity of baskets including wire.

http://www.wrapsmart.com/index.asp?p...ts.asp&cat egory=Baskets&category2=Wire&start=1
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Super WAHM

Check out Gift Basket Review and Rave Reviews magazines...these are trade magazines just for the gift basket industry. I could never have done my gift basket business succesfully for years without GBR! They offer tips and articles on everything as well as all of the advertisements from the best suppliers for the gift basket trade...and you really need to purchase from them because items from the stores that anyone can buy just do not look appealing or as professional in a gift basket.

Here is an awesome board for gift basket designers as well that you will learn soooo much from:

www.giftbasketmessageboard.com They have tons of tips, supplier information and everything else, I used to frequent the board a lot while I was still doing baskets all the time.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Giftbasketmessageboard.com is one I frequent too. It a a great source for ideas and support. I would make this your first stop when thinking about getting into the gift basket biz.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Super WAHM

Yep...it is full of the best designers and advice, and they welcome newbies too!