Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Default People asking for Gluten-free and Soy-free products?

Do you have a lot of people asking for gluten-free and/or soy-free food products? Do you have them? It seems like more and more people want this!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Grand WAHM

Watkins does offer a variety of gluten free products. Is there something in particular you are looking for?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 PM
WAHM Regular

No, GOFoods has a line of Gluten-free and Soy-free (and whey-free too!). I was curious because I'm not on a special diet, but it seems like more and more people are looking for this. Wondering what you've found best to market these type of products?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Grand WAHM

I haven't actually promoted the gluten free products because folks just ask me. As you mentioned, people seeking out gluten free products is on the rise and it's just become standard for them asking.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:22 PM
WAHM Veteran

Velata Chocolates are Gluten-free and I agree that it seems to be a current phase with increased demand. I know there are some people with Celiac's and gluten-intolerance who have been greatly helped by eliminating gluten in their diet - so I do understand the bonafide benefits to it. However I also think in some cases it's a passing fad for some. Gluten is in A LOT of products and is hidden in a number foods you wouldn't imagine.

Either way, I'm happy we have a superior product to offer to those who avoid gluten.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Super WAHM

Yes and it makes me happy to see it. Finding premade foods that a Celiac can eat is always a great thing. Many people have Celiac disease or have other gluten sensitivities. Others may be trying to live a healthier lifestyle without gluten or soy.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Gluten Free?

Okay so I must be WAY behind times here what exactly is gluten and how have people just recently become allergic to it. is it something new that is being added to our food products? whats going on with this I have seen alot of things about this but really dont have a clue as to what it is or what its about. Can someone clue me in please?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Super WAHM

Gluten is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat and related grains such as barley and rye. It is desirable in bread making because it gives elasticity to dough, helping it to rise, keep its shape etc.

Some people are gluten intolerant and some are outright allergic. It is not a "new" thing but some people are just mildly affected so you don't realize that the symptoms, such as bloating are from gluten, until you remove it from your diet.

Like sugar, gluten is in a surprising number of foods so you really have to read labels.

I hope this helped.

In answer to the original question, I do get a lot of questions about soy and many people choose our shakes because they are whey and not soy based.

I don't get a lot of questions about gluten although many of our products are gluten free.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Super WAHM

We have been getting requests for Gluten Free at Country Gourmet Home. In our most recent catalog we released our first GF mixes.
-Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancake Mix
-Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
-Gluten Free Creamy Potato Soup