Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Healthiests company?

I've been exploring direct sale food company options. I love food and would love to see with one of these companies, but am also conflicted with health concerns. My dear friend has been helping me transform my kitchen and home into a healthier environment and I'm trying to determine if any of these companies fit with my health goals.

So, just wondering about everyone's opinion. Which direct sales company do you believe to be the healthiest option?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 AM
WAHM Master

Hi Darci, I can just share that I've focused on a healthy, "clean" diet since changing my lifestyle 6 yrs ago. I'm very comfortable using Wildtree products. I enjoy the sweets in moderation, of course. I'm sure other companies have healthy options, as well. I think the main thing is to focus on quality, lean proteins, fruits/veggies & whole grains and eating as naturally as possible. Maybe you could have your friend look over those you're considering and get her opinion?

Good luck and take care!

Jenn
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi Darci,

As you already know, I'm a huge fan of Rastelli Direct, not just because of the huge taste difference, but because I feel much more comfortable sitting down at dinner knowing my family is eating pure, healthy food.

I personally feel like RD is one of the healthiest food companies out there because we are replacing what we eat every day with a superior, safer product. If I didn't get my meat, seafood, poultry through RD, I'd have to purchase them through the supermarket. After learning what goes on in the mass production facilities and of course all of the recalls we always hear of, Rastelli creates peace of mind for my family and I. The convenience of everything being delivered to my door and the individual vacuum packaging is just another perk of RD.

Therefore, in my opinion, since Rastelli Direct provides a product that my household (and most households) put on our dinner plates almost every night, I believe it is the most healthy food company in the industry.

Best of luck in your search!

~Gina
Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Mad Scientist

While Watkins doesn't sell ready-made food, we do sell spices, extracts, mixes, flavorings and seasonings along with personal care and cleaning supplies.
We have an organic line and natural based products that are environmentally friendly, promotes a healthier lifestyle, made in the USA and is affordable. They've been around since 1868 and have a solid reputation.

Check Watkins out and if it's something you are interested in, feel free to contact me.

Good luck with your search!

Laura
Old 10-04-2011, 09:29 AM
WAHM Master

I wanted to add in addition to the health benefits of Wildtree, I find I spend so much less time in the grocery stores. I buy grass-fed beef and chicken from a local farm (that I'm so lucky to have in my area). I try to buy local produce when I can. I also discovered Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op and got a GREAT deal on organic fruits & veggies through them last week. Even if you can't get local produce & meat/poultry Wildtree can save time by allowing you to shop mainly the perimeter of the grocery store for perishables and get out.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Grand WAHM

As Laura has metioned, Watkins offers all natural as well as organic products for the entire home; kitchen, bath and body, household cleaners and medicinals.

Poke around the Watkins site to see the full product offerings. Each product page will also have tabs where you can view the ingredients as well as additional product info.

Good luck with your search and do keep us posted~
Old 10-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Tastefully Simple

As others have mentioned HEALTHIER is a illusive word when it comes to food quite often.

I personally think it is how you use the products...and that we need to take care and not pre-judge any whole company or what the masses out there might want by our personal use....you just might unecessarily narrow your client base too far with that parameter. There are so many people out there and so many lifestyles...I want to have the broadest appeal that I can.
I have a vast customer base and some love the total decadance products and choices and others look to us for guidance on how to use a convenient item in a leaner lifestyle.

I work with Tastefully Simple..and while we have those indulgence food items, we also have options for the indulgence ones to make them 'leaner' versions. =)
By using low-fat or fat free yogurt instead of butter, light or fat free cream cheese or sour cream you can dramatically transform a product.

Our seasonings contain no Msg...huge..and are low in sodium. We teach at our parties to season your meals to healthier and tastier end results. You don't need to cook the way grandma did to have some fabulous home cooked meals when you learn how to season meats/fish/poulty.
We have a very noteworthy line of sauces as well to marinade, or baste your main dish items with. Again all with very low sodium, no msg and flavor that satisfies.
I'm excited to say that we have a HUGE health fitness/Body Building club/group in SW US area,that uses our products and suggests them to clients. They are nationally competing, and it's wonderful to know that part of their very strict health conciousness has TS products involved.

We also have many Kosher products.
And I hear often when people go to a WW meeting, they will find many recipes using our base mixes when a dessert idea is involved..and that's a part of life..indulgence without over doing.

I think that just about any food company product line can be used to help others eat better, it comes with education on how to make what they enjoy eating made with better choices and preperation methods. Even if I sell someone a great seasoning if they go home and season something and fry it up in butter...it just lost the gain....so showing the products and how to use them in a smarter cooking method is also part of what we do don't you think?

Sorry so long winded..... =)
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you all for your responses. Very interesting to hear everyone's thought Good stuff to keep in mind
Old 10-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Super WAHM

Very well said, Lynn!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Another vote for Watkins

Darci - as you have read in the other postings about Watkins, you would be pleasantly surprised to see all the wonderful products we have.

All natural so you can transform your entire house to the natural place it needs to be.
Plant based cleaners, natural health and beauty items, organic food items such as extracts, spices, mixes, and beverages. Our seasonal favorites this time a year are wonderful.

You can view our products at:
If I can answer any other questions you might have, let me know
Jan

Last edited by Amy Jacobs; 10-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.