Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Full-time Mompreneur

Smile Why did you choose YOUR food company over the others?

What made you decide on the food company that you're with vs. others?

I'm looking through the boards and it looks like there are a bunch of companies that offer delicious foods! Yummy Gained 10 pounds already..just by looking at it

I can see myself as a future customer of some of these places I'm extremely happy with the side business I have, but who doesn't like some delicious food?

For those looking at the business side, can you each answer a few questions?

What was the start up cost of your business? What did that include?

What are the average monthly maintenance costs of your business and is autoship required? (ie. website, fliers, products for home parties, etc.)

Do you have home parties or online parties? How many a month do you have/go to?

How much do you SELL at the average party? (ie. not asking for income, but how much average party sells)

Do you do your food biz with another home based business?

More Qs to come.

Last edited by DeannaAmber; 09-28-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
WAHM Regular

I chose Country Gourmet Home for several reasons. I liked that you could get started for very little money. There are kits you can choose from, but they also offer a build your own kit where you can order as much or as little(even just 1 mix) as you want to get started. I also liked that you get a company website for free instead of having to pay for that added expense.

I love all the variety of our products. We offer a lot of the fun party foods like other companies but we also offer a lot of easy meal selections. I am a mom of 3 extremely busy boys so I was especially attracted to the options for main dishes and our new slow cooker line!! I also love that are mixes are very affordable and most require just the addition of water or one or two other ingredients.

Another thing I liked about our company is that it is a relatively new and smaller company so the market in my area is not oversaturated with consultants. There is so much potential for growth in new customers and new business partners.

Blessings,
Tami

Last edited by Linda Hinkle; 09-28-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: remove active link in post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Tastefully Simple

I did lots of research before I chose Tastefully Simple

It was a debt free company so I knew it would not close the doors
The commission structure is well laid out, Mgmt is very attainable, and commissions are paid immediately at the point of sale..no waiting for a commission check to come in the mail.
The brochures made me drool =)
No product is more than $10 so just about anyone can afford something
The items are ready to eat or require no more than 2 extra ingredients to prepare~but yet if you want to get creative there are over 5000 recipe ideas online.
The quality is gourmet with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Everyone eats so I figured they would reorder..cos once tast, they are my friends for life =) repeat business was a great incentive!
The Corp office support and training options are beyond anything else I have ever seen.
The many avenues to earn... home tasting parties (sample up to 17 items), book shows, online and Facebook events, booths, fundraising, take it to work parties, to name some of the ways.

DeeAmber I think you have been chatting with Kim P? She is a teammate of mine..love her to bits! I did want to answer you here for your benefit and anyone else also viewing who had the same questions! Best wishes for finding you nitch.

ANSWERS TO YOUR EDIT REQUEST:
The kit is on sale now til Friday at Noon CST for jsut $85, it includes 10 fulls sized products, 4 party food kits with dozesn and dozens and dozens and dozens LOL of samplers, books, invites, order forms, ..all the party supplies you need and business paperwork, training materials etc.
there is also a $50 credit offer when you Activate by 10/14..($400 in orders submitted--our average party) and for my team and all who join our group under anyone of them I am offering a $25 gift card when you Activate at any time in Oct. That could bring the final cost down to just $10....for about $400 worth of KIT!

What are the average monthly maintenance costs of your business and is autoship required? (ie. website, fliers, products for home parties, etc.)
It's tough to gauage a monthly cost..it will depend whether you do fundraising, home parties, book shows, remote to you tasting parties where you send out the kit..and they enjoy without you present =), online/facebook events, booths etc. We train on all avenues.
The Corp office sends us a monthly mailing with our flyer for hosts /and others in it. We can also download recipe special features, send e greeting, marketing, thank you, birthday etc from the Corp site.
We do have the option to have a personal website. IT is beautiful, full of fun tips, recipes, surveys with fun drawings and much more for just $10.95 a month. I find that when someone does a search for a consultant we are all listed and I get enough in those new random orders to absolutely cover that cost each month.
We do not carry inventory, and you buy your supplies as you need them after the initial bountiful supply with your kit becomes depleted.

I do much more than in-home parties and that is how we train..to work a full business so you have options. Online is a vital part of how we do business. Many in our group work mostly online! I work about 4-6 income events per month. And I have chosen to grow a team and earn that way as well.

How much do you SELL at the average party? (ie. not asking for income, but how much average party sells)
My average party is about $500 ...some are much much higher and some of course are less....and I do many take it to work shows where a small office group orders and one worker earns the host credit!

Do you do your food biz with another home based business? When I started with TS I was also working with lia sohpia Jewelry..I had been with them for 6.5 years..enjoyed it but wanted something to add with and food seemed a great fit to any business..we all eat, guests eat and hosts need to provide a snack! As I have seen the progress of the TS business I have lessened my work with the jewelry.

Hope that helps =)

Last edited by LynnAndreske; 09-29-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Full-time Mompreneur

Awesome, I posted some Qs. Can you both edit your responses to include the answers to them?

Thanks for replying!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Full-time Mompreneur

Also, I've personally been lurking the Country Gourmet Home folder. Are there similar companies out there that sell all those delicious things and the candles and all of that?
Their opportunity looks pretty cool.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Super WAHM

Well, I ended up with Javita - it's a Coffee MLM and I hope that constitutes a 'food' for y'all. I certainly ingest enough.
It was simple for me. To make a long story short, other products such as the vitamins, juices, etc. always left me a bit self-conscious. I might love the product, but since most network marketing products are a bit of a premium price (albeit with premium quality as well) and so many make 'fringe' statements about the *wonders* they can do, it always left me a bit uneasy.
I left my last company (and the nice little income) because 1 product was a weight loss pill and I found out through my customers (and wife) it simply did not work.
I refuse to be associated with a product I don't believe in.
so I purposefully set out to align my loves with an opportunity. When I realized that a new coffee company was launching, I was intrigued. when i realized it seemed to eliminate so many of the disadvantages of the others that kept me away, I got excited. When I purchased some after launch and tried it and found out I LOVED it, I joined and got to work.
So, it's a quality product which everyone recognizes. It's so good you don't have to be embarrassed and it's easy to strike up a conversation about coffee with someone. The pay plan is outrageous.
For me, a no-brainer.
JP
Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM
WAHM Regular

DeeAmber,

For those looking at the business side, can you each answer a few questions?

With Country Gourmet Home, you can get started for as little as just 1 mix if you choose the build your own kit. There are also additional kits you can purchase if you want to that contain mixes and business supplies.

Our website is free!! There are a lot of fliers provided in the back office that you can print on your own, or you can order them and catalogs at additional cost.

You can have both home or online parties. I personally don't do home parties right now because of my family's busy schedule.

Do you do your food biz with another home based business?

Yes, I also have my own online Flower and Gift Basket business that I run entirely online.

Last edited by Linda Hinkle; 09-28-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: remove active link in post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Super WAHM

I am a LIndt Chocolate RSVP Consultant and I LOVE it!

What was the start up cost of your business? What did that include? 99.00 Start up cost includes enough supplies for 3 parties--Excellence bars, Lindor Truffles, seasonal items, apron, serving plate/tongs, catalogs, order forms, recruiting forms, beautiful Lindt recipe book, 3 packs of invitations. Once you sell $1,000, you also get a wine fridge to store chocolate and a rolling cooler.

What are the average monthly maintenance costs of your business and is autoship required? (ie. website, fliers, products for home parties, etc.) Autoship is not required. There is no charge at this time for the website but there may be a nominal maintenance fee. There are alot of downloadable files which I take to various places to make copies so depends on the store. Color copies vary from .10-.49.

Do you have home parties or online parties? How many a month do you have/go to? I have only done home parties so far because Lindt parties are more about the chocolate experience and EVERYONE loves the party concepts. You must sell$500 in a 3 month rolling period.

How much do you SELL at the average party? (ie. not asking for income, but how much average party sells) Average party is $500, some more, some less.

Do you do your food biz with another home based business? I do not do any other business.

I love Lindt because we get so much support from our home office. It is a new division for Lindt and lots of room for growth. They really listen to their consultants and want us to succeed. The party concepts are alot of fun and can be customized to each host. The products are amazing and the best chocolate in the world! If you have more questions, let me know!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:00 PM
WAHM Fanatic

There were no other ones around when I joined Tastefully Simple in 1999!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

I chose Choffy because it tastes amazing and it has health benefits. I'm really into all health foods!

Tags
country gourmet reviews, food mlm, mpb reviews, rastelli reviews, tastefully simple reviews