Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Direct Mailing Jobs

Does anyone know of any legit direct mailing jobs that can be done from home?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2016, 11:48 PM
Grand WAHM

With so much communication done via email now, I imagine these types of jobs would be pretty scarce. You may want to check the telecommuting section for other opportunities though.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Unfortunately, direct mailing (scam) jobs from home are not legit. These fake home based businesses all have similar names - envelope stuffing, direct mail, chain mail, etc. Nearly all business to customer communication (including advertising) is done via electronic sources. There are scammers out there that will sell you a fake direct mail business opportunity. However, you will only spend money and never make anything. Please stay away from any (scam) job ads related to direct mailing work. I would hate to see you lose money.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:52 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveysitereviews View Post
Unfortunately, direct mailing (scam) jobs from home are not legit. These fake home based businesses all have similar names - envelope stuffing, direct mail, chain mail, etc. Nearly all business to customer communication (including advertising) is done via electronic sources. There are scammers out there that will sell you a fake direct mail business opportunity. However, you will only spend money and never make anything. Please stay away from any (scam) job ads related to direct mailing work. I would hate to see you lose money.
At the same time, there are legit opportunities, but it's extremely hard to find them from the non-legit ones. I occasionally do direct mailings for companies, but I usually do them myself. When I need help, I typically hire someone local to help me stuff the envelopes and address them. There are a couple industries that DO utilize direct mailing because it's more successful than digital marketing, advertising on flyers, etc.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Most are scams.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Direct Mail

There are legitimate opportunities to do direct mailing, BUT it is not typically a "job" as in you are hired by an employer. You'd be in your own business. You do work from home though. These are called direct mailing programs and there are some legit ones out there: Impact Mailing Club (IMC) and Cash in the Box is another. The product you sell is marketing leads. I've been doing it for years, it does bring in money. But you have to be consistent because direct mail is slower than online marketing work. Some people do online and offline. Others just do offline only.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:37 PM
WAHM Regular

I write a lot of consumer finance articles. I can tell you that almost all direct mailing "jobs" are a SCAM! Oftentimes, you are charged a lot of money for supplies, training material, etc - but you are never paid for any work.

With that being said, there might be a few occasions when you can find a legit gig helping a company send out mailers. A legit company with a job like that will never ask you to pay any money upfront. As a good rule of thumb, you should never pay any company for the privilege of working for them - no matter what type of job it is.