Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Default ETS Test Rater

Hi everyone, I'm so glad that I found this forum. I'm brand new here. I just got offered a test rater position with ETS, and I was wondering if anyone else here had experience working for them. I'm a bit nervous. I have 5-year-old twins, and I've never tried a work-at-home job before. The reason I'm nervous is that I don't know how understanding they're going to be about me needing to occasionally handle issues with my kids during work shifts. My girls are pretty independent and will play together happily for hours, but I feel like expecting them to not interrupt me for four hours is unrealistic. I've read that ETS can be very strict about making sure you're getting enough done while you're on the clock. I'd love to hear from anyone who can give me insight about working for ETS or another company as a test rater. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Registered WAHM

How did everything work out for you? It's my understanding that you'd need to have child care as the work doesn't really allow for non-scheduled interruptions.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethie35 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm so glad that I found this forum. I'm brand new here. I just got offered a test rater position with ETS, and I was wondering if anyone else here had experience working for them. I'm a bit nervous. I have 5-year-old twins, and I've never tried a work-at-home job before. The reason I'm nervous is that I don't know how understanding they're going to be about me needing to occasionally handle issues with my kids during work shifts. My girls are pretty independent and will play together happily for hours, but I feel like expecting them to not interrupt me for four hours is unrealistic. I've read that ETS can be very strict about making sure you're getting enough done while you're on the clock. I'd love to hear from anyone who can give me insight about working for ETS or another company as a test rater. Thanks so much!
I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but they seem to be pretty flexible as long as your interruptions are short. They don't want to be taken advantage of, of course.

I've had a SL to tell me to go take a walk and come back so that I could look at an exam with "fresh eyes" and I thought that that was extreme. I didn't trust it, haha. I did stand up, stretch my legs, get a drink of water and come right back, but I usually save anything lengthy for my break or lunch. I am able to get on the exercise bike while I work, do squats while I read, etc., so I would think that heating up lunches, etc. would be something you could do as long as your were very attentive to the exam that you were scoring. From what I can tell, ETS is more focused on accuracy than speed. If it distracts you from providing a fair assessment, then you shouldn't be doing it. For instance, I can't carry on a conversation and score an exam. I can't even listen to music, it's too much distraction. However, I can wash dishes, wipe down counters, etc. fine. If you are in doubt, don't risk your job over it!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Registered WAHM

Default How can someone apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamillah81 View Post
I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but they seem to be pretty flexible as long as your interruptions are short. They don't want to be taken advantage of, of course.

How can I apply for this position?
I've had a SL to tell me to go take a walk and come back so that I could look at an exam with "fresh eyes" and I thought that that was extreme. I didn't trust it, haha. I did stand up, stretch my legs, get a drink of water and come right back, but I usually save anything lengthy for my break or lunch. I am able to get on the exercise bike while I work, do squats while I read, etc., so I would think that heating up lunches, etc. would be something you could do as long as your were very attentive to the exam that you were scoring. From what I can tell, ETS is more focused on accuracy than speed. If it distracts you from providing a fair assessment, then you shouldn't be doing it. For instance, I can't carry on a conversation and score an exam. I can't even listen to music, it's too much distraction. However, I can wash dishes, wipe down counters, etc. fine. If you are in doubt, don't risk your job over it!

How can I apply for this position?
Old 10-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Registered WAHM

How can I apply
Old 02-24-2018, 05:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Default what is an ETS Test Rater

What is an ETS Test rater and what qualifications do you need and how do you apply? Also what is the pay? Thanks for any information.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Question How did the ETS job turn out?

I am curious to know if you started the ETS position? If so, how did it turn out? What kind of work do you do, and is it enjoyable?

Thanks