Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Work From Home Tutoring English (No experience required)

Most online tutoring sites require experience and even have waiting lists. I've applied for a ton, even the ones where you need experience because I didn't see the harm in trying. The one that actually came through for me was Cambly.

I don't know if they are specifically 'hiring' right now but if you do have a referrer (use my name), you are actually put on a priority list. Super easy sign up.
Go to the cambly.com site and sign up, use me as a reference:

Alisha P

It costs nothing to apply. It pays $10 an hour (a specific amount each chat minute) and if you choose to schedule shifts beforehand (You can actually log in whenever you want and log off whenever you want but there are shifts you can reserve for a 'guaranteed pay'), you will be paid a promised 2 dollars for the shift if you don't make at least that much within your shift. Which was usually unlikely, at least for me.

There is a facebook group with active tutors on there and admins to help you whenever you need it so it's super nice. Everyone is very welcoming. I've had a very positive experience with this.

About the job:

You will basically be logging into the site whenever you wish to work. You aren't limited to how much you can work and get paid which is super nice and it's more than minimum wage. You don't need experience and there is training if you need it and all the resources you need just within the site. You will be given everything. They have recently implemented some new features like a whiteboard feature to share that with your 'students'.

You will be web cam chatting with a student who requests you. They may want to just practice conversation (that is usually the case for me) which is fun. Talk about lots of things and it helps them get better at English and even learn some things about our culture as well.

If you ever feel uncomfortable at any time, like the student is being inappropriate, you do have a magical 'BAN IMMEDIATELY' button and it'll ban them from the site for using it for the wrong reasons. This can happen but this is why the button exists.

You should really consider working for Cambly. The hiring process was super easy. There was no interview process or anything like that. I signed up and got in and got set up and was good to go. Love this company.
You are required to have 5 mb of download speed (I believe) and at least 1 mb of upload speed. They prefer you use google chrome as your browser. You don't need any external programs. Just a webcam and headset.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any.
Sponsored Links

Tags
esl, esl tutors, no experience required, tutor, tutoring jobs