Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for sharing this sensible diet idea!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2008, 06:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Terri,

Thank's for the info. I needed this! I have to get ready for my son's
wedding this summer so thank's again!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Super WAHM

Beachbody "Rockin Body" is AWSOME AND FUN! You will loose weight and have Fun doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered WAHM

Terry,

Thanks for posting that diet information again. I did not get it first time around.

Did you know that cocoa is an appetite suppressant? So eating chocolate can actually help you lose weight...that is if you can find some that isn't loaded with sugar, fats, hydrogenated oil,milk, wax....
I did finda HEALTHY CHOCOLATE that is actually a super food full of antioxidants, and it tastes great!!!

You should give this a try!

Jane
Old 05-02-2008, 09:00 AM
WAHM Addict

cocoa rich dark chocolate is rich in anti-oxidants and a couple of squares actually does you good :-)
Well I will be visiting this folder more often.
After the stress of moving countries,living out of boxes etc I find I am 20lbs over my ideal weight.
I am having my thyroid checked next week as well as I am so so tired and look awful according to DH!
Any case I will know by next week but I do need to grab my eating by the horns and stop eating on the go :-)
Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi all , i was reading the post on diets, and i must tell you this , DIETS DONT WORK , they are temporary, this is coming from a person who has gone from 310 lbs a size 28 to now 175lbs a size 8 10, i didnt get the focus and courage i needed until i got real about being fat,I kept saying i was ""thick"""and sexy, WHICH WAS NOT the case as i begin to look at photos, and didnt recognize it was me.people always want to know what i did , well as some of you others i was given a diet , since i was military related, i was given a diet from a recruiter who promised me that i would lose 52lbs in 2 months if i stuck to it , well i begin this "'diet "" which was as simple as it could get, BREAKFAST was bacon, eggs and unsweetened grapefruit juice, eat all the bacon you want until you are full, no eating in between meals, LUnch, salad , unsweetened grapefruit juice, and any kind of meat i wanted and as much as i wanted(bbq, fried chicken , ribs, whatever) , eat until i was full, then dinner was any green vegetables, and any meat i wanted andhowever much i wanted till i was full and unsweetened grapefruit juice, ( normally i ate green beans, fried chicken, bbq chicken or sausages), well it says u wont lose weight the first four days but on the 5th day u will have lost 5lbs, this wsa absolutely true. by the tenth day i lost 10lbs and got off the diet , it was a jump start , because i knew i couldnt eat like that the rest of my life , so i got my sorry butt up and begin going to the gym, i begin to drink a lot of water, and flavored water at walmart , 50cents a bottle, no cals in water, very good replaces soda, i begin to eat flavored rice snacks for snacks, lots of fruits , sandwhiches (ham) special k cereal , and DID NOT EAT AFTER 6 00 PM , and i worked out on ONE MACHINE ONLY!! THE ELIPTICAL, and i kid you not within in 3 months i had lost 75lbs, and i four months i was down almost 100lbs, and i look darn good if i say so myself , I AM VERY BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY AND CONFIDENT NOW , so please guys , dont fall or shall i say its okay to take advice from others who wants to provide u with a diet but PLEASE DONT GO BY ANOTHER DIET BOOK , OR GIMMICK VIDEO ON TV, because it you ever looked at the videos on tv , they all goes back to the same thing taebo billy blanks was doing in the 80's , and one thing i know for my body , not anyone elses , but i can go to the gym and sweat to death , and it helps maintain my body weight , but when i put on a good cd, and i get a little portable heater , and turn it on in my bathroom , (large bathroom or room) and work out , as if im dancing , i am continuing to loose weight, average a lb per day, drink plenty water , add flavor if needed , and see my heater automatically turns off when it gets too hot , so u never have to worry about being too hot, but u must sweat , and im hear to help anyone who needs encourage on losing weight , cause i have been there , when i went to the military ball , THERE was no dress in the whole city at these ""nice dress shops" that could fit me , I LUCKED UP AND FOUND ONE DRESS IN THE MALL A SIZE 28 that fitted me , and now my dress size is a nice loose 10 , just by doing that daily , so i know i went on and on , but i wanted this to help someone , its good to have an email buddy to , to update you on his or her goals and progress, i had one for awhile but when i lost more weight than she did , SHE DROPPED ME AS AN EMAIL BUDDY , so i went on by myself with the help from GOD , he gave me strength to go on. so goodluck all.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Good for you Tammie! How wonderful for you that you found something that worked for you and you're willing to share your secrets and success with others. The menu suggestions go along with my philosophy too. Fill 1/2 your plate with fruits and vegetables (not potatoes) and then 1/4 with meat and 1/4 with a good multigrain carb if needed.

I can feel your passion in your email. You've done more than most people will do in a lifetime. Keep up the good work!!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you soooo much for posting this! I have 100 pounds to lose after all my babies and I have been putting it off for too long. I am going to give this my best shot, it makes so much more sense then half the stuff that is out there. Thanks!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
WAHM Regular

The meal plan in this post definitely sounds sensible. It is similar to what the people at Herbal Magic suggest as a meal plan (I worked there for a couple weeks a few years ago).

For me personally, I found that if I ate clean - meaning fruits, veggies, lean proteins and healthy carbs in six small meals a day - portion control and exercised then I lost weight as it boosted my metabolism by telling my body it would get food often and then feeding it healthy easy to digest food. It sounds like the right idea and hopefully more people can follow it and get on track.

I began running half marathons last October. I was 170lbs after having my dd and was anxious to lose the weight and get back to pre-pregnancy size (145lbs). I find that if I train and run in half marathons I lose about 10lbs each time. I've done 2 so far and have my third coming up in October again. From August 08 to May 09 I have lost 35 pounds by exercising and eating healthy (similar meal plan).

Happy Health Everyone!Edited by: dawnchez
Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the information.

I have had the worst time losing those last 10 lbs after my second child. I have to agree that eating healthy and drinking lots of water is a must. I keep a water bottle with me at work, in the car, etc. so I can always have it handy.