Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 01:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Mental Health and Wellbeing While Working From Home

More than nine months have passed since the Covid-19 a pandemic was declared, many have made the abrupt shift to working from home and millions have lost jobs. The sudden shift to a remote work setup has been surprisingly stressful for many employees, and adjusting could have an impact on our mental health. How do you look after your mental health when working from home?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2020, 11:14 AM
WAHM Regular

I make sure that I rest and eat well, I also exercise at home.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:29 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyqueen View Post
More than nine months have passed since the Covid-19 a pandemic was declared, many have made the abrupt shift to working from home and millions have lost jobs. The sudden shift to a remote work setup has been surprisingly stressful for many employees, and adjusting could have an impact on our mental health. How do you look after your mental health when working from home?
Well, it's very difficult indeed to cope with the current situation. What I am doing is trying to indulge myself in healthy activities like gardening, baking and crochet. Also I have a friend who was very stressed and depressed so we decided to search for online health and wellness help and it actually helped him.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:46 AM
Super WAHM

Default Scheduled

Keeping a schedule helps. Taking care of your physical health, exercising and having a hobby. This is what has helped me.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Itís quite tough, but after 11 months addicted to it. I feel it is difficult for us to work from home. Working from home makes you more stressed than the company. The sudden shift to a remote work setup has been stressful for many employees.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:14 PM
Registered WAHM
Array

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyqueen View Post
I enjoyed very much working from Home. In first 15-30 days it was difficult to arrange and coordinate but after 30 days I found the way to work perfectly from home and looking after my family as well. Spending more time with family.

It's really a great experience!!!

And yes I keep at least 30 mins in a day for keep mental and health fit.

Thanks for asking...

Last edited by LiveAbundantlySo; 03-07-2021 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:41 AM
WAHM Regular

To look after your mental health while working from home, I will suggest:
  1. Learn when to stop your workday
  2. Do running every day
  3. Spend time with family
  4. Read a book
Old 06-03-2021, 01:45 AM
Registered WAHM
Array

I have a sports ground near my house. So I do pull-ups, push-ups, and deeps 3 times per week. Started from 1-2 reps and now I can do more than on each exercise. Spent about 2 months on that.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:56 AM
Registered WAHM

It has been very exhausting with small kids, remote work and depression. But on the other hand, I have children and a home where I can remote...and well..a job
Old 06-28-2021, 03:18 AM
Registered WAHM

I try to be as normal as possible. I still communicate frequently with my friends and try to think that it is normal. Exercising was also a big plus for me. It was our family's bonding acitivity.

Closed Thread