Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Health and work at home

I would like to receive advice on how to save health during a long work at the computer. My back hurts sometimes. Maybe someone here knows simple exercises that will help me get rid of back pain?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2020, 09:17 AM
WAHM Master

Hi there! I can tell you what helps me a lot - doing regular, low-impact exercise. I started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home workouts when I was trying to recover from low back problems. I started out with just 15 minutes 3 x a week & gradually worked up to 30 min 5 days a week. There are lots of free workouts of different lengths on her YouTube channel. She has dvds & streaming. It seems like as long as I stay active, my back problems stay away. Be sure to get up & take breaks from the computer when you can - even if you have to set a reminder to get up to walk around a few minutes. So important to take care of ourselves, especially with everything going on in the world right now.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:31 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yoga! You can find a lot of great channels on youtube. I follow YogawithKassandra and Sarahbethyoga on youtube. I highly recommend them.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:43 AM
Registered WAHM

I am going for walks everyday either in the morning or in the evening.
And if I am working a long time on the computer I stand up every 45-60 min to stretch. Also I don't put my drinks in front of me so I have to stand up and get my glass refilled with water everytime it is empty.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:49 AM
WAHM Regular

break up the workday with movement, a quick burst of movement like jumping jacks or lifting kettlebells or take a walk.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:58 AM
WAHM Regular

I do yoga and run around with my cat!
Old 10-13-2020, 03:27 AM
Registered WAHM

Stand up and stretch/walk regularly. :-) I do that about every 30 minutes.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
Hi there! I can tell you what helps me a lot - doing regular, low-impact exercise. I started doing Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home workouts when I was trying to recover from low back problems. I started out with just 15 minutes 3 x a week & gradually worked up to 30 min 5 days a week..
I also do 3 miles a day with Leslie Sansone's video. Her workout template is easy but give a great workout. Also, I'm doing pilates with a focus on lower back. Pilates moves like "rolling ball" and "the 100" are good places to start. I couldnt do the 100 when I first started, so I did fewer reps at first

Last edited by paula_g; 12-06-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:47 PM
WAHM Regular

check out youtube for a dance workout to complete around your living room, doing squats while on a conference call, or starting your day off with a 5-minute yoga stretch routine to make up for time gained by not commuting.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Planking

Yes stretching and walking are both useful when your lifestyle involves sitting at the computer for long stretches. Planking is a good exercise for strengthening the back muscles. Anything that strengthens the back could also help lessen discomfort.