Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:03 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Anybody up for a Weekly Challenge?

Who would like to join me for a weekly challenge? We can check in here and keep each other accountable so that we follow through each week.

The goal is to switch out unhealthy habits for healthy ones. I am not a fan of quitting cold turkey or depriving ourselves of the foods we love. If we slowly switch over to a healthier eating habits and fitness habits, we are more likely to stick with it-it gives your body time to adjust.

Each week (on Mondays), I'll add to the challenge.

Who's in?

Week 1 Starts on Monday January 8th

DRINK MORE WATER

Benefits of water:
Water flushes out toxins, raises our metabolism, boosts our energy, promotes weight loss, improves skin, and relieves fatigue

How much water should you drink?

Here is a general formula used to determine the amount of water you should be drinking:

Your body weight 2 Then divide by 8 to find the number of cups of water you should be drinking. For Example: 1052=52.5 8= 6.6 cups of water per day.

This is a baseline number. You may need to drink more or less water depending on how active you are.

If you workout, drink a cup of water for every 30 minutes of working out. Again, this is a baseline for how much to drink when working out. You may need more. Adjust as needed.

Are you in? I'll be checking in every Monday and Thursday and hope you will to!

WEEK 2
This weeks challenge is to include at least 20 minutes of exercise in your day. It could be a walk, strength training, aerobic exercise at the gym (or home). The goal is to move for at least 20 minutes. Dancing is exercise so turn on your radio and dance a way. Make sure to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Tell me about your workout! What did you do and how did you feel before and after you worked out?

WEEK 3: Cut your sugar intake by half. Drink soda? Drink half of what you normally do. Creamer? Candy? Cut it in half. Give it a try and tell me how you feel at the end of the week. Bloat should start to go down and you'll have more energy!

Last edited by Dugsmom; 01-22-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2018, 03:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I hope you're doing the challenge! If you are, post here. Let's keep each other accountable! Day one is almost done!

I've had most of my water but I still have time to reach my goal. I'll won't lie. Drinking enough water can be a challenge for me and I think it's a challenge for most people. If you don't reach your goal today, that's ok! It takes time to adjust.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:54 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Week 1 is done but that doesn't mean you should stop drinking water. Stick with it. I am and I feel great.

Week 2 (it with original post) is to exercise for at least 20 minutes. Give it a try and let me know how it goes! I walked for 30 minutes today and feel awesome!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Registered WAHM

Yes I'm game! I started trying to be healthier last week. I guess just paying closer attention to what I was eating. Switch from coffee to tea, walk/jog for 20-50 minutes (as energy allows), smaller meals...
Old 01-17-2018, 09:33 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Awesome!!! Thank You for joining me! Let me know how it goes! I look forward to your update!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:37 PM
WAHM Fanatic

My update: I've been drinking more than enough water...so much that I've been waking up in the the middle of the night (countless time) to run to the bathroom so I will need to adjust my water intake.

Workouts are going well. I didn't feel like working out yesterday or today (it's the cold weather) so I turned on the radio and danced with my boy which turned out to be intense because my 30lb toddler wanted to be held while I danced! It felt great to get it done and I'm glad I didn't skip the workout. I would have regretted it later.